Wine corks

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Wine corks

Post by Gwenoakes »

Bit like the itch in the middle of yer back that you cant reach, eh? {rofwl}

Sorry, but I have a very 'weird' sense of humour as you are all maybe finding out. )j; Even laughed when my Mother years ago fell backwards into a dyke with nettles. In fact I laughed that much I couldnt move.............then I asked her if she was OK. Wont tell you what her reply was though. yike* {warn}
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

p.penn wrote:{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

You lot are so mean! {cry}

But the last laugh is on you......I am the one with almost 15 galls of assorted wine in my kitchen............

:b(

About as much use as as chocolate teapot if you can't open it. {rofwl}
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
silverbass
Lively Laner

Post by silverbass »

Helen, I have had trouble with plastic stoppers too, ended up using my teeth to get them out: Well it was a bit of an emergency :oops:
I am sure I managed to get (natural) corks into the screw topped wine bottles though, worth a try.

Collin
Smile and the whole world smiles with you
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry, just had to ask P Penn, but have you tried to unstop any more wine bottles lately? {rofwl} {rofwl}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

No, I have taken on a different tactic now! I made another 5 gallons but Merlot this time (not all for me I may add) and haven't bottled it at all. I am just pouring it out into a jug when needed. Having said that, it is going down far too quickly, and I need 6 bottles for mulled wine on Xmas eve when Father Christmas calls in, so I am going to rack some off into one demijohn and the rest into half d/js and pottles (3 bottle pouring things) later today if I have time before work.

I still have a few bottles of the rosé left - it just looks a bit wierd when you get the wine out on the table, along with a knife and some pliers...... {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

That could be a good selling point though, dont you think?

I can see the ad now, 'The only bottle of wine that needs a pair of pliers and a knife to open it!'

Or - No more wasted time, grazed knuckles or broken teeth, watch this video demonstration with a pair of pliers and a knife - simple when you know how.

I am sure someone can come up with a better caption than those too. {rofwl} {rofwl}