Who collects the most unusual things?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Re: Who collects the most unusual things?

Post by Meredith »

I collect Tarot cards and honey pots. I also have a huge collection of wool and fabric, bought with the intention of it coming in useful, I can never resist a bargain. In truth though I have more than I can use in a lifetime.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I used to collect anything with a windmill on, windmill shaped or pertaining to a windmill as we almost lived in a converted one once (a broken dream {cry} )

Now I just seem to collect dust, eggs, dirty washing and bills :?

Oh and I probably have about 100 balls of knitting yarn as I cannot resist buying them and cannot knit them up fast enough before I buy the next lot {rofwl}
Shlugh
Longlasting Laner

Post by Shlugh »

:-D I freely admit I am mad, and addicted.

All my ponies are different, though some may be the same pony in slightly different versions from countries round the world.

Mostly, I know who is in my herd, but if the price is right, I'll buy them, even if I know I have them. There is a huge online collecting community for ponies, and I can swap doubles for ones I need, or sell them to make more "pony pennies" to buy ones I need.

I love your burners Mallard, the one on the bottom left with the metal columns and gems is so pretty.

My little girl is a pebble magpie too Rhubarb, she has a pretty collection already and she's only 4.

Oh yes, and following from Kate's dirty washing collection, as a family, we collect odd socks. {rofwl}

Shlugh xx
[center]We now have a cream egg skelter, blessings on Pippi, Penny and Poppy who fill it for us.[/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

You have a 'herd' of My Little Ponies?? {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

I think it should be a flock!!! Ha ha ha.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Shlugh,

Amazing !!
Are any more valuable because of whatever?

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

This is very messy, but shows my collection of face pots:

If you look carefully, you can also see my chicken glasses and one cocktail shaker - I need to display them somewhere on their own really for best effect, but shoved them there to stop them getting broken!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Ali's got quite a few David Winter cottages and her jugs are different shapes and sizes, one is even musical.
We've also got a collection of old lamps, candle, oil and carbide varieties.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

p.penn wrote:If you look carefully, you can also see my chicken glasses and one cocktail shaker - I need to display them somewhere on their own really for best effect, but shoved them there to stop them getting broken!

This girl has everything - even glasses for her chickens so they can read the newspaper clearly!
Shlugh
Longlasting Laner

Post by Shlugh »

I like those pots!

My mum has one for onions and one for garlic that I think were her grannies.

Ponies come in herds, the flutter ponies (with wings) are the only ones that come in a flock, and the sea ponies (seahorses) come in a school. :-D

Yes Richard, some have more value than others.

It varies from literally a pound or two for common ones up to hundreds of pounds for really rare ones. Most are worth less that £5 on the open market though. The foreign ones tend to fetch more, and there were a lot of european ponies not sold in the States and Canada that overseas collectors will pay in the region of £10-£50 for, so boot sale hunting over here can be profitable, if you have an idea what you are after.

The vintage 80's ones have more value that the modern ones that are in the shops at the moment.

I have one in my herd, that I got by luck in a job lot from fleabay that I have been offered $2,000 for. She is one of only 2 of this pony known in the world, so pretty unique, and I did not sell her, because the market is very low at the moment, and several people have advised she could go for more in a better economic climate.

I sold on a few rare ponies for a good profit in the autumn and funded a pop hole opener and my walk in run.

Sorry, I've got a whole thread about ponies already and I'm taking over again. :oops: I love them so much I could talk the hind legs off a pony when I get going.

Also sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging about having expensive ponies, hope it isn't coming over in a gloating horrid way. I collect ponies, but on a few occassions now, the herd has been culled and sold to pay the gas bill, the car repairs or whatever. Call them my rainy day fund!

Shlugh xx
[center]We now have a cream egg skelter, blessings on Pippi, Penny and Poppy who fill it for us.[/center]
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

If I had a pony worth $2,000 I want to be able to ride it :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Shlugh
Longlasting Laner

Post by Shlugh »

Hubby's actually on the promise of a motorbike when I sell it! )t'

Shlugh xx
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I think your collection is amazing and you have every right to ' go on' about it!! )t'
Helen xx

Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

I never got into collecting just one thing. We do have quite a few paintings - mostly watercolours that would be our "what would you save in a fire" items.

And I am another who can't resist bringing back pebbles from the seaside. They all go into our garden pond so although they are from all over europe I don't know which is which now.

If I won the lottery I would probably collect - - cats :-D . but I would need to buy a ticket for that.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
Sara

Post by Sara »

Marc says i collect handbags and shoes :oops:
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Totally Scrambled wrote:her jugs are different shapes and sizes, one is even musical.
Dom

My husband wants to know more.... yike*

Nick collects most things.... generally bits of newspapers, old broken computers and printers, old broken furniture, old broken phones, old broken light fittings... in fact anything at all. Our house is full of his collection }hairout{
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway