Writing

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Writing

Post by Kaeta44 »

I write - well it keeps me off the streets! I started about 30 years ago writing articles for magazines and newspapers as and when I felt like it. More recently I co-authored a couple of books with my sister, both Yorkshire oriented (The Knights Templar in Yorkshire http://www.yorkshiretemplars.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and The Creative Heritage of Yorkshire). Now I'm working on a small illustrated book about the antics my chickens get up to. I spend so much time laughing at them I don't get time to do the ironing, which is a huge plus!

I saw some of you write poetry, but do any of you write fiction or non-fiction stuff? I reckon a collection of some of the posts from this site would make good reading!
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
ChrisG

Re: Writing

Post by ChrisG »

Yes, I write. Only one thing published - a non fiction work about how to DIY it through the family courts (cant tell what my line of business is can you!).

I have also tried my hand at fiction, but never got round to completing anything to a standard where I could submit it for publication. If I ever get some free time, I want to write a fictionalised account of my experiences in the family courts - bit like Jodie Piccoult really, but British instead of American.

And I used to live by an RAF airfield, near to where Glenn Miller flew from when he disappeared. I started a story about that too, but never finished it.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ooo clever you.
I used to write articles for a dog breed magazine and I do have a something in a breed book. But that is the sum total of it.
Good luck with your venture
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

Lovely to meet to some fellow writers. It's not what I expected when I joined a chicken-oriented online community!

You're right Ruth, finding the time isn't easy, and it doesn't seem to get any easier now that I've retired - I still have very little spare time!

Life's too short to stuff mushrooms
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I don't write, well - on here, and Training material.

But we do allsorts on here. 8) )grin2(
cluckymama
Lively Laner

Post by cluckymama »

Hi :-D I write im currently writing my first book, its a hobby ive enjoyed since being a teenager. (i wrote short stories) I have never sent anything to a publishers. In fact ive never asked anybody to read them, i find the thought realy nerve wrecking tbh! :oops:
Emilie x
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

So long as you enjoy writing, that's all that matters Emilie. I'm enough of an ego-maniac to like seeing my name in print, but you're obviously writing for the sheer joy of it and that's the best reason for doing it.
Life's too short to stuff mushrooms
http://www.muckycluckers.blogspot.com/

Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I'm writing my life story so that its handy for the kids later on.
silky
Longlasting Laner

Post by silky »

There’s a few writers here at following link where you can read some short stories.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To anyone that is interested I’m doing an anthology

Submission Guidelines for Poetry and Short stories
DEADLINE: Friday, 26th August 11:59pm GMT 2011
By submitting poetry the authors grant Longford Writers’ non-exclusive rights to publish their poem/s or/and their short stories in print, digital and audio on behalf of the Dimcho Debelianov Orphanage in Bulgaria.
Copyright of all poems and short stories remain with the author.
Please submit to longfordwriters@hotmail.co.uk all correspondence is by email to keep cost to a minimum.
Guidelines
1. We are accepting poetry in ANY form.
2. No more than three poems per submission.
3. Short stories of no more than 2000 words.
4. Previous published work accepted. (Please state where first published)
5. After publication, the books will be on sale at a cost of £9. 99 and that include P&P for UK only. A small extra P&P may be charge for overseas buyers.
All profits made from the books are going towards the orphanage. No-one is being paid for their services.
For information about the orphanage, please visit the following site where you can make a donation if you don’t wish to take part in the anthologies. http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;