Post by wendy »

Canterbury Cathedral is stunning
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Citrine/Dinger - what's the website address - would like to have a look. Can only see pm details for Dinger! :!:
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
leckyman
Lively Laner

Candles

Post by leckyman »

Hi everybody, I bought a load of candle making suplies 8 weeks ago. Thought I'd have a go at making my own :)

Then my back decided to give up the ghost !! I spent 2 weeks laid in bed at home, I was then rushed to hospital had a cat scan and was told surgery was not required (thank god).

The doctors put me on loads of tablets morphine being one! and was told to get off my backside and get walking once the pain had died down, I tried my best but could not get past the end of the bed, that six feet seemed like six miles I can tell you :shock:

Ten days later i was kicked out of hospital and told to fend for myself !! Luckily I have had my special lovely wife who has been looking after me since (she really is an angel) )c( )c(

I can now manage to walk with crutches but not to far I also have follow up appointments in the near future with physio and pain control doctors.

Anyway needless to say my start at trying candle making is on hold!! But any hints and tips i can gather are greatly welcome.

Is someone trying to tell me something ????

Thanks for listerning Dave
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

OMG Dave, that sounds horrendous. No tips on candle making but hope your back continues to improve )t'
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Dave, are you a member of a local library. I've noticed a lot of libraries have lots of craft books, including candle-making. What about googling it on internet - there are some forums which are specifically for crafts of that sort.

Can't wait to see your first attempts at candle-making on here. That will keep you busy till chooks arrive. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Richard wrote:Does anyone meditate with them, or practice candle magic ?

I find them very relaxing. I occasionally go into Canterbury Cathedral, down into the Crypt and light a candle, then just sit there til it goes out.

Isn't it strange how watching a flame is soothing and hypnotic.. ?
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

My favourite candle 'fragrances' are mulled wine and spiced apple .. we always get them in for Christmas.. they really set the mood and smell all warm and Christmasy )t'
Other than that I like the berry scented ones...
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
leckyman
Lively Laner

Post by leckyman »

bluebell wrote:Dave, are you a member of a local library. I've noticed a lot of libraries have lots of craft books, including candle-making. What about googling it on internet - there are some forums which are specifically for crafts of that sort.

Can't wait to see your first attempts at candle-making on here. That will keep you busy till chooks arrive. )t'

Cheers bluebell :) once I get on my feet I will have a good root around the library.

Got loads of sites on candle making in my favourites now so will slowly have a good look at them.

Back seems to be getting a little better a day at a time, so as soon as I can stand and sit long enough I will be having a go !! :-D

Looking good for being ok when the chooks arrive too )c( Anne cant wait and I'm looking forward to it too !!

A bit off topic but I would love the recipe for your red onion chutney if possible at some point !!! )c+ )c+

Cheers Dave
vyxxn
Lively Laner

Post by vyxxn »

Willow wrote:My favourite candle 'fragrances' are mulled wine and spiced apple .. we always get them in for Christmas.. they really set the mood and smell all warm and Christmasy )t'
Other than that I like the berry scented ones...

A bit )ot: ...... but I find the best way to enjoy to scent of mulled wine ................. is to drink mulled wine :razz: :-D :razz: I love the stuff
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Mmm me too, we make it every christmas eve. )t'
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Oooo mulled wine, if ever anything tasted of Christmas warm mulled wine is it )t'
BigMeanUglyOgre
Lively Laner

Post by BigMeanUglyOgre »

Dave, if you're anywhere near Dundee, I'll sort your back out for you right quick. I'll even do it for free. Tis the Christmas season and all.