Cherry Lamp Shade

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Re: Cherry Lamp Shade

Post by Meredith »

You have done a brilliant job there and it is a lovely thought that nobody else has got one like it isn't it?
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

paddy graham wrote::-D Did you use a stencil or was it freehand?Was it gloss paint?You might have a bit of a sideline there.

It's free hand, Paddy..thanks :-D
Scooby88
Longlasting Laner

Post by Scooby88 »

I love anything vintage. That's very cath kidston. U should sell things like that on fleabay. You could make some money :)
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Miss Ellie, thanks for the compliment.
Meredith, yes, I have told my husband, "there you go, no one else in the world has THIS lampshade" lol :-D Thanks
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Scooby88 wrote:I love anything vintage. That's very cath kidston. U should sell things like that on fleabay. You could make some money :)

Thanks Scooby88
Cath Kidston...oh my, you're talking my talk now! Hehee~~(Not that I can afford or have any of it) :-D
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

You don't need to buy any of it... just make your own style!

Oh, and don't fleabay it, you will be disapppointed. Try car booting, I will be as soon as they open again! Just check with your local market officer (council website) and you will be off!

My recycled tat is welcome at most of our local ones! So I can't wait! The chance to sell and buy more tat is almost irresistable!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Stef wrote:You don't need to buy any of it... just make your own style!

Oh, and don't fleabay it, you will be disapppointed. Try car booting, I will be as soon as they open again! Just check with your local market officer (council website) and you will be off!

My recycled tat is welcome at most of our local ones! So I can't wait! The chance to sell and buy more tat is almost irresistable!

I love crafting, Stef, but to be honest I just don't have a supply of things yet to even think of selling. What sort of things do you make?
>mmm<
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

Lists at the moment :-D :-D

I have a lot of 'stuff' that could be made into 'things' and, when OH goes back to work next week, I will get out the sewing machine and start making in earnest. An hour a night instead of watching telly should be doable!

My blog is testament to how little I have made and how much I have thought...... Frugal February will see that change, I hope!

I don't anticipate getting rich, and the HMRC paperwork will take up some time, but I do think I could make enough profit to make it all worthwhile - eventually!

I have seen what others sell and am certain I can do better. Your lampshade shows that you can too! If Ms Kidson can make a HUGE empire out of such stuff there is no reason why anyone else with a modicum of talent can't make a bit of profit!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Stef wrote:Lists at the moment :-D :-D

I have a lot of 'stuff' that could be made into 'things' and, when OH goes back to work next week, I will get out the sewing machine and start making in earnest. An hour a night instead of watching telly should be doable!

My blog is testament to how little I have made and how much I have thought...... Frugal February will see that change, I hope!

I don't anticipate getting rich, and the HMRC paperwork will take up some time, but I do think I could make enough profit to make it all worthwhile - eventually!

I have seen what others sell and am certain I can do better. Your lampshade shows that you can too! If Ms Kidson can make a HUGE empire out of such stuff there is no reason why anyone else with a modicum of talent can't make a bit of profit!

Oh, silly me! It is YOUR blog that I visited the other day and liked so much~
I love your positive attitude! I really HAVE thought of this often but it is taking time to even build up my supplies....my husband did just buy me a lovely sewing machine, bless his heart... :-D Thanks for the encouragement, Stef
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I love your lampshade, Lillia, how very talented you are, and Stef, just had a look on your blog, some good ideas there.

Remnants of cotton material. I have made many patchwork bags, to hold hairdryer, reading book, Walkman, clothes pegs for in the caravan, so many uses, and have also given them away as presents. Still have quite a few patches left, and some material, but eyesight is a problem, and arthritis in my hands, but at least I have had a go.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Thank you, Spreckly.
That is one thing I CAN make now..bags~ :-D
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Best of luck with the bags Lillia.

I found some lovely material - fat quarters - on ebay, and in a shop where I used to live. The latter owners gave me quite a lot of advice when I was making a quilt, sold me some quilting needles, which I could not get on with, they are so tiny. My quilting left a great deal to be desired. Like I said somewhere, I have difficulty seeing to do such fine work now, cross stitch has had to go by the board too. Last things I did in cs were birth samplers for my last two grandchildren.
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

Spreckly wrote:Best of luck with the bags Lillia.

I found some lovely material - fat quarters - on ebay, and in a shop where I used to live. The latter owners gave me quite a lot of advice when I was making a quilt, sold me some quilting needles, which I could not get on with, they are so tiny. My quilting left a great deal to be desired. Like I said somewhere, I have difficulty seeing to do such fine work now, cross stitch has had to go by the board too. Last things I did in cs were birth samplers for my last two grandchildren.

It's a shame you can't do your needle work now. I'll let you know about the bags~ :-D Thanks, Spreckly
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I love the cherry lampshade :-D )t'