Shrinking jumpers

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Stef
Legendary Laner

Shrinking jumpers

Post by Stef »

on purpose, to re-purpose!

Just in case, the top is a scarflet and the bottom a beanie hat and fingerless mitts.

They need a bit of finishing but all in all, I quite like them. Just as well as I have another 6 or 7 jumpers ready to be re-made and a couple of different hat shapes to try!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Shrinking jumpers

Post by MissEllie »

Really clever, well done Stef )app(
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Lovely )t' I find it hard to come by woolies suitable for fulling - the charity shops here are all full of squeaky acrylic. Luckily dh occasionally 'helps out' by washing my precious hand-knits }hairout{
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

I have about 8 left. Mostly from car boots.

I left my name and number in 4 charity shops offering to take semi rag quality but heard nothing so I assume the rag man got the lot! I assume you've been looking in all the same shops as I have (if I remember rightly you are quite close). There doesn't seem to be much good stuff, Bath Road is best but more expensive!

I am looking forward to car boot season again. This year I have a definite list of things I will buy. Last year I just bought things I like the look of :-D

By winter I should have enough to take a stall or two at local fairs.

I have other ideas for the offcuts, but am yet to make them up. I will give a few a go over the next week or two. I am trying to get ino a routine and do an hour or so a night!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/