Rag doll twins

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Re: Rag doll twins

Post by Americanlady »

Gee Whiz, June!!!! They're incredibly good. If you would like a new career, then make and sell these beautiful dolls. I've never seen better in the stores. You could count on me to be a customer, for sure. Where did you learn to do this?????
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

julie62 wrote:How do you do the faces June - I cant tell - are they painted by hand or is it like a transfer print?

I traced these faces from a transfer and embroidered them in satin stitch. I did use a pattern for these dolls but didn't use the transfer as I made my dolls from different material. Mine is a stockinette type of material which stretches a bit, even though backed with stabilising material, so original faces wouldn't have been in poroportion. I had to reposision the features. Does that make sense?
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Americanlady wrote:Gee Whiz, June!!!! They're incredibly good. If you would like a new career, then make and sell these beautiful dolls. I've never seen better in the stores. You could count on me to be a customer, for sure. Where did you learn to do this?????

I didn't actually learn but have always dabbled at different things. If I see something that I like, then I will have a go at it.
As a matter of interest, I sent to America for the pattern. I found the site on the internet and the dolls were designed by a lady called Kezi Matthews who sadly is no longer with us. I am just about to start on a different doll of hers.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Yes it does make sense ... the faces are so good they look like a print - lovely neat work June )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

They are beautiful June )app( how long does intake you to make a doll? Looking forward to seeing your new doll
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

They are beautiful June, you are a very talented lady. )app(
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

MissEllie wrote:They are beautiful June )app( how long does intake you to make a doll? Looking forward to seeing your new doll

I honestly don't knw how long I take to make a doll as I pick up and put down when I feel like doing something. I'm one of those people who can't just sit. In between making these, I've covered a headboard, made new cushion covers and done a bit of painting.
The material for a new doll is sitting looking at me, I just have to start, but should make some furnishings for my dolls house, which has sat there for ever .
I suppose that means, I take a time.
Shrek
Lively Laner

Post by Shrek »

Another 1st class piece of work Shrek. You really are talented. )t'

(that was your quotation)

...... If this is the quality of your efforts, believe me, this truly humbles my metalwork. Bravo.
One elderly cat called Chloe and Zak the baby tom.... Betty the Speckledy, Maggie the Black Rock and Kylie the Bluebelle !!!
manda

Post by manda »

June they are gorgeous ...I wouldn't have guessed from the picture that the faces were made up of stitching ...I thought they were painted!!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

manda wrote:June they are gorgeous ...I wouldn't have guessed from the picture that the faces were made up of stitching ...I thought they were painted!!

I do usually paint faces Manda, but the material of the dolls is a very close knit stockinette, which was difficult to paint on, when I tried on an oddment. I copied the features from a transfer, which I didn't want to use as I made my dolls larger. The cheeks are blusher, sprayed with a stabilising solution.