First remnant make

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: First remnant make

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

My top tip, if you're stuffing something with rice to use as a doorstop, is to try to leave the rice in its plastic bag if possible - my last doorstop, the rice turned to dust after a few years & it all sort of seeped out of the doorstop... this new one, I just made to the right size for a 1kg bag of cheap rice, and then left the rice in the packet.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

She's lovely June.

You really should go in to business so we can all have one +f+
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

She is really good June, I love the material.. and she would make a great doorstop )t'
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Mad Chick wrote:She's lovely June.

I know!!! She's totally not taking the hints is she :-D I WANT ONE JUNE!!!!! in pink please {rofwl} failing junes expertise, im going to try and find a pattern today for one, I think its about i got off pinterest and did something worthwhile {rofwl}
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

p.penn wrote:I have a 'triangle' shaped chicken doorstop that a friend bought me n a trendy market. It is made from vintage fabric and came unstuffed.

Perchy stuffed it with rice for me.

Boil in the bag?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

boosmummy wrote:
Mad Chick wrote:She's lovely June.

I know!!! She's totally not taking the hints is she :-D I WANT ONE JUNE!!!!! in pink please {rofwl} failing junes expertise, im going to try and find a pattern today for one, I think its about i got off pinterest and did something worthwhile {rofwl}

So sorry girls, but if I said yes, every time I made something, I would take root at my sewing machine. It's worse still when neighbours see them as they think I don't have anything else to do. At the moment I am making dolls for Christmas gifts and furnishing 2 dolls houses. OH wants me to paint a pic for him.(puff, sigh). Saying that, we do have the winter in front of us.!!
If you want the pattern, I got it from a site called Red Brolly. I add extra for seams to the original pattern. It is a really colourful site run by 2 American ladies and there are other bits on it to sew as well as quilting etc.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

wow! It's brilliant! )app(
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

She's absolutely gorgeous June, you're such a talented lady :-D {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.