Olympics

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Maggie1

Re: Olympics

Post by Maggie1 »

How opinions differ Richard. I thought Jessie J ruined it. They had a video of Freddie, why didn't they have him singing we are the champions. I thought Eric Idle was lovely and it really got you singing along to it. As for the Spice Girls I thought they were superb, as was Annie Lennox. And as said before Roger Daltry has still got it and he's 68.

On the downside I don't think George Micheal or Noel Gallager were any good. Also it would have been nice if the cameras were a bit closer to the presentations. After the closure they showed people that had taken part. Some of their costumes were superb but I thought where did they take part I never saw that. I don't think the commentary was descriptive as it could be.
On the whole it was very good and very well done
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I've watched some of it, upto Annie Lennox.....

Loved Madness and the Pet Shop Boys ({rofwl} at they're funny hats!).

Didn't 'get' why Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss got wheeled in and then poor Annie Lennox, what did they have her dressed in >shrug<

Can't stand that awful boy band One Direction.

I'll watch the rest of it though.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I think and judging what has been said on the telly this morning that the commentary was really bad. This morning they said that a double decker bus came out and turned into an octopus and Fat Boy Slim came out of it. Yes I saw him but all I saw was what I thought were balloons but were in fact the tentacles of the octopus. The commentator could have described that. As the lady from Loose Women said this morning you could have turned the sound down and you still wouldn't have known what was going on.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Maggie you are correct in saying how different opinions are - I thought George Michael excellent (though not as pretty as he used to be {cry} ) so I guess if you add everyones thoughts together then it was an evening that offered something for all , with one or two acts everyone enjoyed - Eric Idle how funny.
Richard I thought it lovely that everyone from far reaching countries seemed to be able to sing along to 'our' music but I really wanted to see Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake boogieing to the likes of Tinie Tempah and co )b(
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I enjoyed the closing ceremony altho it wasn't a patch on the opening ceremony which was the best I've ever seen, but then the closing ceremony is always less 'wow' I guess they have a lot less time to sort it out.

I thought some of it was daft but then I'd much rather live in a daft country where people are having a good time than one with lots of people marching up and down showing how big and strong they are! :-D
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Only two things were missing in my opinion - Ant and Dec (who would have fitted in that cannon easily) and some TNT (cannons need TNT!) )t'

Seriously, I enjoyed most of it (which to be fair is about as much as the organisers could aim for) and thought it the best representation of the UK it could be.

Started a row in my house, though. Pink Floyd or The Who? Luckily the dog got casting vote and he's a Floyd fan ......
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Richard wrote:But it was about a celebration of a great Olympic Games which silenced many a critic and those who thought it would go horribly wrong.

I thought the opening and closing ceremonies were incredibly well done, and the games far more addictive than I thought.

I must admit after the Millennium Stadium and the wobbly Millennium Bridge I was one of those who thought the Olympics might go badly, but I was well and truly proved wrong.

Well done to all concerned, and all our athletes! )c(
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Loved the closing ceremony! Must say I was over the moon Paul McCartney didn't perform! His "performance" ruined the opening ceremony for me!
He's way past it and really can't sing! At least his 40yr old, pretty girlfriend loves him for his good looks and personality! Nothing to do with his bankstatement! {rofwl}
Sarcastic? Who? Me? hehe
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks