Dressmaking shears/scissors or similar

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Re: Dressmaking shears/scissors or similar

Post by Sejjie70 »

Thanks for all the fantastic replies!

Never thought of trying a rotary cutter... certainly sounds better than scissors (I have arthritis & hypermobility so prolonged scissor use can leave me v uncomfy) so will have a nosey at them too. Am going to put either rotary cutter or scissors on my Christmas list for this year - my lovely Mum's saved me having to cut more fabric for a while as she's said I can have her rag rug stuff (including tools, hessian & a black bin bag full of fabric already cut into strips). She's going to concentrate more on knitting as that doesn't seem to cause so much problem with her arthritis.
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

If you do get a rotary cutter go for a big one. It takes a while to get used to but once you have (and I am just about getting there) they are great. But if you buy a small diameter one you will quickly want to upgrade.

And make sure you ask for spare blades too! They can be expensive and you may need one more quickly than you think when starting out! My hands are a bit iffy and I love mine, the added expense of a new blade is well worth it!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Thanks Stef )t'
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).