Start of the new football season

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Start of the new football season

Post by HappyBob »

Another season starts today, I,ve missed my weekly football fix for the last few months, and am really looking forward to being back at the KC (Hull City). We have a new manager and some new players so its quite exciting, also done away with the paper season passes (prob going to miss them) and this year we adopt the swipe card method which most are turning to. How many members or their partners are season ticket holders or go to watch football on a regular basis?
Good luck to your respective teams for the season (unles your in the Championship of course) )t' )t' :-D >gl<
PS Where realistically do you think you will end up at the end of the season? I think we can make top 6
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
perchy

Re: Start of the new football season

Post by perchy »

Mr P and married son off to see Nottingham forest today, not a cheap day out and of course they had to have new shirts }hairout{

Married son even had the new shirt on his wedding cake

They had to change it twice yike*
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Brilliant cake Perchy. Sorry Bob, we don`t follow any football team. Hubby does`nt like footie and I`d rather horsey things.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Horsey things are good mrs Boodles, I get to see a few of those with policemen sat on them during the course of the season. Great cake Perchy (except for the colors of course) :-D )run(
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Come on you Swans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>dr< >dr< >dr<
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Post by paddy graham »

>gl< VILLA,its our year this year(for what remains to be seen) )hlp>
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Well, Southampton have a nice easy start to the season !!!!!

I go and watch local games quite a bit - Tonbridge Angels (Conference South), Folkestone and Ashford. Reminds me of when I was very young and going to watch Tonbridge Angels play in the Southern League, 3,000 plus attendance every Saturday and the fans all wore flat caps!!

Seems another age. There again, it was !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Richard

Post by Richard »

By the way Bob - saw this parked in Hamble Sports and Leisure Centre the other day.

I want one !!!

Bet the Players all have one of these +pinn+

[center]Image[/center]
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Panteg Produce wrote:Come on you Swans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>dr< >dr<

)t' )t'

You wouldn't want to be in Brendan Rogers shoes today would you!!! {rofwl}
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

paddy graham wrote:>gl< VILLA,its our year this year(for what remains to be seen) )hlp>

how did The Hammers get on today {rofwl}

I shouldn't really Laugh as I am with Dickie on this one, IT IS ALL SOUTHAMPTON, ALL SOUTHAMPTON FC as far as I am concenred (WE ARE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN apparently). I was a season ticket holder for meny years but it was cost effective for a service person in the end so I gave it up. I do go to St Marys as much as I can and have done regardless of which league they have been playing in (38 years since my Dad took me to my first game at the Dell). As Dickie says we have got one heck of a start to the season with Man City away tomorrow, then Man UTD at home and Arsenal away in the first four games. I hope for a mid table finish; one thing is fr certain we will not replicate the success of the past two seasons with back to back promotions.

Unlucky for the Swans today, winning five nil and still not getting to the top of the table, I would genuinely feel seen off with that one.
Bah Humbug
Richard

Post by Richard »

I told my Grandson 15th spoony !!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Richard wrote:I told my Grandson 15th spoony !!

Indeed we are, the mighty Saints are above Liverpool on goal difference and have a game in hand )c( ... let's see how it all stands tomorrow evening {rofwl}
Bah Humbug
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Post by paddy graham »

saint-spoon wrote:
paddy graham wrote:>gl< VILLA,its our year this year(for what remains to be seen) )hlp>

how did The Hammers get on today {rofwl}

I shouldn't really Laugh as I am with Dickie on this one, IT IS ALL SOUTHAMPTON, ALL SOUTHAMPTON FC as far as I am concenred (WE ARE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN apparently). I was a season ticket holder for meny years but it was cost effective for a service person in the end so I gave it up. I do go to St Marys as much as I can and have done regardless of which league they have been playing in (38 years since my Dad took me to my first game at the Dell). As Dickie says we have got one heck of a start to the season with Man City away tomorrow, then Man UTD at home and Arsenal away in the first four games. I hope for a mid table finish; one thing is fr certain we will not replicate the success of the past two seasons with back to back promotions.

Unlucky for the Swans today, winning five nil and still not getting to the top of the table, I would genuinely feel seen off with that one.

)loo( )hlp>
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Football :b( :b( :b(

Message for the Mr Perchys from Beerless there is no florist at Pride Park (I have no idea what he is wittering on about)

Season ticket prices *falls to floor clutching chest* I could buy lots of handbags for that money
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mrs B wrote:Football :b( :b( :b(

Message for the Mr Perchys from Beerless there is no florist at Pride Park (I have no idea what he is wittering on about)

Season ticket prices *falls to floor clutching chest* I could buy lots of handbags for that money

Mr P knows )w(