Whats In Your Shed/Workshop

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Whats In Your Shed/Workshop

Post by HappyBob »

Not sure if this thread belongs here or the DIY section, so mods please feel free to put where you think is most suitable.

I,m not sure if this topic has been done before, so I appologise if it has.

I spend a few hours a week in my shed pottering as you do, and I thought I wonder what other members of the lane have/do in their sheds and more interesting "what do their sheds look like inside" I know Richards shed is the HQ of this wonderfull site and his shed is well documented. Anyway this is my little shed/workshop and over the years have passed many a pleasant hour pottering around with small projects etc. The pics were took a few years ago but the shed is still the same today as then.

Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Whats In Your Shed/Workshop

Post by Annie »

Thats not a shed its a chaps escape room !!!!!!
I would be ashamed to put ours on, we tidy it each spring but by this time of year its a tip. Nothing exciting or out of the ordinary, garden tools ,chicken bedding and lots of things that may come in useful on day - but never seem to somehow.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Annie wrote:Thats not a shed its a chaps escape room !!!!!!
I would be ashamed to put ours on, we tidy it each spring but by this time of year its a tip. Nothing exciting or out of the ordinary, garden tools ,chicken bedding and lots of things that may come in useful on day - but never seem to somehow.

Quite agree Annie. He's more than likely paintbrushed all the rubbish out {rofwl}
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Maggie1 wrote:
Annie wrote:Thats not a shed its a chaps escape room !!!!!!

Quite agree Annie. He's more than likely paintbrushed all the rubbish out {rofwl}

Ha, No kidding you two girls you have me completely sussed out {rofwl} {rofwl}
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

That's a fabulous shed.
When we moved to this house I decided the shed would be mine, to faff and potter, I laid carpet, painted the walls and made little curtains for the window.
Then the kids moved their bikes and stuff in.
Now it is a very cosy chicken feed store, along with all the other stuff I throw in there, just in case. )t'
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

We have 'the shed' which is currently part-full of flat-packed cardboard boxes, and is where I keep general garden tools, odds & ends I need quite often. Then there's 'the garage' where we have the freezer, some random furniture that's waiting for repair work or just for a new home, spare china & various odd boxes that haven't yet been unpacked. Then there is 'the workshop' (where the previous owner's vintage tractor used to live), which contains tools, mountains of chicken wire, the spare compost bins (because we've not been here long, so are still working on filling the first one), useful bits of wood/string/wire etc etc.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

My workshop is the garage and it is full of stuff, I really need to get off my backside this summer and clear out the stuff and get it organised. I have got a little tool-makers lather just like yours, mine belonged to my father’s uncle so it’s a few years old. I haven’t got a pillar drill but I have a bench grinder, cross cut saw and two bench vices.
Bah Humbug
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We have a "potting shed", which now shares its pots and tools with our chicken feed, etc. We have OH's workshop, which houses his joinery equipment, a lot of sawdust, old rags, tins of paint, two mousetraps, the bird seed and a lot of cobwebs. Our garage
is home to our camping gear, including two awnings, two freezers, more tins of paint, ladders, lots of wood (it will come in handy sometime and if we burn it, we will wish we hadn't) and all sorts of things which we can never find when we want them.

All are a far cry Bob, from your neat and tidy bolt hole.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

envy}}
Wot no kitchen sink?

I must take a pic in the lotty shed to sort of balance things up! )grin2(
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Our shed was cleared out last spring and although it was `decluttered' it looks exactly the same as it did before, full to the brim and you can`t get in it.
Would love my own little shed for all my gardening bits etc.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Bob the boat you have made is smashing :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Linda S wrote:Bob the boat you have made is smashing :-D Lindaxx

Thanks Linda, it was scratch built (not a kit)and I made it for the 2nd grandson. Its fully remote control. The Big hull (5ft)on the worktop was a project that got started but progress has stopped although one day I intend to finish it as its a model of the Hull trawler the "Admiral Collingwood" which was lost with all hands a few days after christmas 1936 and had my wifes grandad aboard, He signed on to earn a few extra bob over christmas for his young family, he was in his early twenties when he sadly went down with the ship. The hull was made from a copy of the original plans which I managed to get hold of. I also made a scratch built yorkshire cobble for the 1st grandson again all remote control. I think my next project could be a dolls house with all its furniture for our 1st grandaughter born last year.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

What a sad story but how lovely to be able to pass the story onto your grandson about his great great grandad.
Good luck with the dolls house, I'm sure your wee granddaughter will love it. )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Bob your shed looks so like my father-in-law's work room. He lived in Beverley - Fred Waddington, did you know him? I think he went to a club in Hull. He made replica old guns, a little car, a big train engine (steam) which he got a certificate to run, and other things.
At one stage his work room was in the spare bedroom, then he lined a shed to insulate it, and ran a hot water pipe through the wall so that he could have a radiator (well I think he talked about doing it, can't remember if we had to make good the wall when we cleared it).

Where in E Yorkshire are you?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

By contrast our sheds are
1. Mower shed
2. Garden tools shed
3. Kichen porch - boxes of apples (not many this year), shelves of groceries when the apples are eaten (we only shop occasionally), boxes of spuds (containing a couple of bags from Ts now that ours are eaten), sack of chicken feed + grit etc., boots, old sacks.....
4. Garage, contains allsorts that we cleared from OH's gramdma's house and his mother's house (1998 & 2001 shhh don't tell), and other oddments ('you can't throw those kitchen units away!'). Used to be room (just) for a car as well, but daughters inlaws moved into a mobile home before Christmas and at the moment some of their furniture is sitting waiting to be sorted.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire