Any Saints fans

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Any Saints fans

Post by HappyBob »

I know there at least a couple of Saints fans on here. I,m interested on your take, re the sacking of Nigel Adkins, and replacing him with Mauricio Pochettino? Never saw that one coming. Personally I thought that he was doing a decent job at Southampton, again it just shows that the suits running the show dont know much about football. I really can see them going down now. I dont think the fans will be too happy or maybe they will be. Crazy times in football.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Any Saints fans

Post by Richard »

Ho Bob,

Well, what can one say !!

You can talk to anyone in Southampton and they'll know the latest score, signings etc., all residents are fully supportive of the Club.

BUT !!! Today I phoned my daughter down there and all those she has met at Work yesterday, Church this morning, in the Co-OP and Mates are absolutely seething.

Main target is he Chairman needless to say.

I'm going to my son's to watch the game tomorrow against Everton on Sky. It should be entertaining viewing.

I just hope the Players just try and get on with it.

Matt LeTissier summed it up when he said "The saddest thing about it is that it didn't surprise me".
As you say Bob, that sums up Football at present.

Where do you think Adkins will go, Blackpool ?

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Saint Matt doesn’t like the chairman, unsurprisingly really as I think that Matt was treated badly by NC. Now for a Saints fan (hence the name) I wasn’t the biggest fan of Nigel Adkins at the beginning of the season, he didn’t strengthen the defence when he could and made some bizarre team selections/substitution that cost us dearly in the first half of the season thus far; he was however charismatic and ever the optimist and he had got us back to back promotions and then turned this season around albeit with a few hiccups. It was a bit of a shock when the news broke but reading further brought up that NA was on borrowed time from the start of the season, it wasn’t a case of if it was a case of when; the chairman had already decided that he was not the man to fulfil the potential with the club and he was only kept until a replacement that the chairman deemed good enough was available.
The important thing is that the team is playing together now which they weren’t at the beginning of the season with all the new signings. What has been done can not be undone and the fans need to get behind the new manager. Still a shock and disruption at this point in the season is never a good thing. We shall see tomorrow night.
Bah Humbug
Richard

Post by Richard »

Good reply Mate )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Richard wrote:
Where do you think Adkins will go, Blackpool ?

Not too sure him going there Richard. Clearly something is wrong with Blackpool after Appleton and Olly jumped ship for seemingly more difficult jobs and then Parky and MK Dons bloke (cant remember his name) refused the chance to talk to them.
I think he could well take the rest of this season off and come back in the summer.

Its amazing that a manager can gain promotion from Lg1 in consecutive seasons be 15th in the Prem and the chairman sacks him at what is the worst time of the season, beggers belief. I think it could well come back to bite him (chairman)in the backside come te end of the season.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Richard

Post by Richard »

Think a rest would do him good Bob though he may get an offer he can't refuse.

I agree with spoony that he did seem to only concern himself with attack early in the season and our defence looked very middle order Championship against the likes of the big boys.

The Italian Chairman is ambitious and wants Saints in the top order within three seasons, I think where he may be wrong is that he has to get through this one first and to change Manager's mid way is a very dangerous game, especially if you're just settling down.

There's some good players coming along, this youngster Shaw looks set for an England place within two years and the Academy is always producing real talent - then we sell them!

We'll see, but it's going to be very difficult, all lays on how the Players have reacted, but they too may have seen it coming.

I did the St.Mary's tour a few years back and remember the Police Cell round the back, that could be busy tonight !

Richad
Richard

Post by Richard »

I watched the game at my son's.

Not the most exciting game I've watched this season from any two sides, Saints should have had three in the first half and another in the second, Everton pulled themselves together a bit towards the end, missed a couple of sitters and that was it.

Credit to the Fans though, they didn't boo the new Manager, the Team and the Fans were there for a football match.

Next game away to Man Utd !!!!!!