Saints alive and kicking !!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Saints alive and kicking !!

Post by Richard »

The family at St.Mary's.

Southampton 3 - Manchester City 1

Let no one say City played bad, Saints just hassled them out the game !!

[center]Image[/center]

Richard .ang.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Saints alive and kicking !!

Post by MissEllie »

That's a lovely looking family you have there Richard. I'm not a follower of football but it's great to see family generations sharing a hobby {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

WHAT A RESULT !!!!!! )c( )c( bet you all were all that happy you could have jumped over a dolls house. Saints were not lucky Richard. You can only play the team thats in front of you, and boy did you do that.... )t' )t'

Wish i could say that about my own home team today we blew it }hairout{
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

we need a mighty Saints smilie for times like this... great game and a well deserved victory. I wonder if Ricky Lamert will now spend more time setting up goal rather then scoring them. )t' Welll done to the other south coast club, Bournemouth for coming closer to a potatial promotion out of the third tier. )t'
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Well you have to be honest and say that Hart did a howler and the own goal was amazingly well placed !!!!

You can see the change in style the new Manager is making; Lambert in maybe more a Rooney role and when the oppo's have the ball, one player hassle with one behind to pass to if needed. Certainly Saints played some very positive football and there was a bit in the second half where the one touch passing was so good to watch.

At the end the City fans were chanting 'you are staying up'. Good on them, way more polite and respectful than the United fans I've seen a few times over the last 12 years or so, they're just plain cocky usually and haven't been within a 100 miles of Manchester!

As I'm sure you know Bob, the one Team per City Teams are way more loyal fans, everyone living in the location know the Player's names, the results etc. It's quite unique.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome