At last a family pic !!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

At last a family pic !!

Post by Richard »

I am very lucky to have a suitcase full of photo's, letters, Wills, artifacts, paintings of my family history going back over 150 years.

It suddenly dawned on me today that in this digital age we are building up huge libraries on our PC and the odds are very thin on those passing on to the next generations, so at the casual 2nd day of my Nephews Wedding I got my Mother with her five kids to pose for a photo, which I shall put in the suitcase.

Whilst at it, we did our Children with her as well.

Here's Mum and her kids...

Left ro right; Mark 53, Nigel 58, Richard 64, Julia 66, Sarah 55

and Mum 87.

[center]Image[/center]

The first time we've all been together for about 7 years I reckon.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: At last a family pic !!

Post by mrs boodles »

Super photo Richard, I love looking through my family photos, so many memories in them.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Thats the problem with computers you put all the photos on and very rarely print them out. Not like the old days when you could go through albums and albums and have loads of unedited photo's. When you used to get your photos developed at the chemist it was warts and all.
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Lovely photo :-D
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
wendy

Post by wendy »

Brilliant. Another memory made )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I can see a family likeness Richard.

Trouble with inheriting photo albums is you are not sure who people are - which cousin, neighbours, or even ' the people we met on the beach at Weymouth, spent the week with and have never seen again'.

While I spent a lot of time with my MIL when she was confined to a chair with arthritis and I was 150 miles from home waiting for it to be OH's turn and my week off, we whiled away the time by pencilling notes on the back of a lot of her photos. Been meaning to sort them out properly for 10 yrs since then.

Most of the inherited albums have photos stuck in higgldy piggledy - no sort of chronlogical order.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard

Post by Richard »

I agree Mo, I have a framed picture showing about 20 past relations around 1885.
By knowing which was my Grandmother and her parents, I've been able to identify about 16 of them

As resemblance goes, there are some in the 1885 photo which are still showing through today.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Lovely picture richard )t'
[center][/center]Davina
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Lovely photo Richard, your suitcase sounds like a great way of passing on your family history. {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Mo wrote:Trouble with inheriting photo albums is you are not sure who people are - which cousin, neighbours, or even ' the people we met on the beach at Weymouth, spent the week with and have never seen again'.

I was the same Mo. When I was doing my family history there was loads of albums with loads of unidentified people on them. Luckily I have been in touch with very distant relatives with very distant relatives and have been able to identify my photo's. So I've written on the back who,where and date. Now if I get a photo I write on the back straight away and what the link is.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Now now Richard, you know it is not polite to tell a ladies ages and you have now done it thrice. {warn} {warn} {warn}

LOvely Piccie BTW
Bah Humbug
Richard

Post by Richard »

I only put the ages in so you wouldn't believe I'm the second oldest, they all look at least 10 years older than me.

)t' )t'