Formula One

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:.... before mobile phones ....

My first mobile was given to me at Silverstone by coincidence. A friend was there pretending to be a journalist (he was a phone shop manager really) and dropped it off as we sat having lunch. The frustration of not being able to use it until it was registered made me dislike Silverstone even more :-D

Yeah, Lewis deserved that one.
Just not any more, okay!
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Formula One

Post by sandy »

What a shame Hockenheim wasn't one of the few live races! Kimi being sandwiched, Lewis racing hard for that second spot on the last lap and at last I was excited like I always used to be years ago, a real race thanks Daniel and Alonso. Bet you were very happy Hazell unlike poor Mrs Rosberg, what a honeymoon {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

I'm sure the win bonus will be some consolation for a rather rubbish honeymoon {rofwl}

Even after a very heavy weekend working, plus caring for the animals in this heat, I managed to stay awake for the race and get giddy. Best race of the year.
Ten down now is it? That's nine to go I think.

Yey!! )c(
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I really hope third time lucky it will be another brilliant race in Belgium because it will be a live one at last. Apart from the crashes, what a lucky recovery from a spin from Vettel. Lewis and Daniel, what a worthy winner, did some great overtake moves. The only downside was the 'let him overtake' scenario. Goodness like being back in the Ferrari days with Schumaker and Ruebens }hairout{ If Lewis was miles behind in points then just maybe it would have been just about okay, yes the big bods want to ensure their teams win but not at the expense of alienating the fans. Even more perturbing was Nico seemed upset afterwards that Lewis didn't toe the line! Would love to have been able to eavesdrop on the after briefing. Lets not go back to doing things that stop a race being a race.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Well said Sandy.
Having given it a bit of thought, I suspect the drivers were each told different things during the race about why the 'let him pass' order was given. Lewis was right to refuse to yield, but I don't think at the time he knew that. Nico was annoyed because he would have had no idea of Lewis' race plan and thought he was being stitched up.
Drivers have gone to inter-team war before now over poor communication within teams and I hope it won't happen this time.

Beside that, great race. I'm getting the feeling Kimi R may be on one of his semi-strikes, he seemed to do as much as he could to got slowly backwards without being obvious about it. He's clearly unhappy at Ferrari and can't get out of his contract, so is employing his left foot instead. {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

My description on the 'incident' over enthusiam, surely. Such bad manners from the crowd to boo Nico, I notice Daniel said something to him which appeared to be a dont worry advice. I cannot understand why the BBc team thought it was right Wolfie Whatever didn;t say it was an internal affair and speak out as he did, it is an internal affair surely. Apart from that how exciting was the 4 way fight near the end of the race? My big worry is Jensen, no no he cannot go!

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Had half an hour at a friend's stable yard yesterday and mentioned F1. The utter contempt for Nico Rosberg was as bad as anything they'd aim at UKIP or the BNP! Thanks to BBC coverage, going on about booing and fault, plus only quoting Hamilton, most F1 fans now loathe Rosberg as they did Alonso a few years ago when Hamilton fell out with him.

Rob, the yard owner, is a sensible person yet even he's fallen for the usual BBC reporting on Hamilton being a demi-god {warn}

On the plus side, our chicken Nico Roberg got a 3rd with her eggs at Egton Show last week {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Well done chickeny Nico )t'
Aw Hazell how nasty, Lewis and Nico were such 'close friends' at the beginning of the season. It is that old chestnut with feuding team mates, we know how much Mansell and Piquet liked one another even back then but hate campaigns are just beyond the pale. Lets just say i am now routing for him to win

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Two boys !!!!

and extremely rich one's.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:Well done chickeny Nico )t'

Yes, we were rather proud of her efforts {hug}

I have no problem with people disliking Nico Rosberg over this incident, just with them doing it because of poor, biased reporting. I've seen no UK reporting on the drivers who said Nico did no wrong, just those who said he was to blame. Maybe he did do it on purpose (though I'd like to think not of course) but when Hamilton said Rosberg "as much as" confessed, the BBC, etc. said he HAD confessed. That simply isn't true.
Anyway, time will tell.

My mate Rob claims Hamilton will be in a red car next year whatever happens, so at least I have that to look forward to (along with Nico the chicken laying even more prize winning giant white eggs yike* )
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Lewis at Ferrari? Not back with Fernando surely yike*

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:Lewis at Ferrari? Not back with Fernando surely yike*

That's what I said, but Rob thinks Alonso to Red Bull. Mind you, Rob also thinks I'll give him two grand for a mare with ropey legs {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So who does ropy horse dealer Rob think Alonso will replace at Red Bull?

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Great race today !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Good, not yet seen it and luckily no one has given anything away so I can watch it as if it were live )t'