Who's going down with Reading and QPR

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Who's going down with Reading and QPR

Post by Richard »

Assuming there's no way out for those two of course.

I reckon Sunderland.

I think (hope) Southampton are OK. Three more points should do us !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Oheckitseck

Re: Who's going down with Reading and QPR

Post by Oheckitseck »

I agree Richard.....Sunderland look like gonners to me too !!!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Being a Berkshire lass I'd really rather not talk about it )gr:

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Richard

Post by Richard »

You don't associate Berkshire with football do you!!

Mind you, Kent only have Gillingham (first League Club to be promoted this season so far). Charlton used to be Kent but now comes under Greater London, although that's always under debate.

Eck - Not sure about Saints v West Ham tomorrow though. Saints beaten three big big clubs lately and lost at home to QPR - could be a difficult one.
Think we're OK though, we only have to match one of five Clubs below us to stay up OK.

I predicted 15th. for Saints to my Grandson before the Season started (that was optimistic) - who knows :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I like to take a book to bed with me - is reading really a disease though? And whatever is QPR. Is it worse than Alice? Christopher Robin went down with that, you know.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Luna
Longlasting Laner

Post by Luna »

I'm going to go for Wigan.... Great run in the FA Cup, but could be their undoing...? Don't like the look of their remaining fixtures....

My youngest son went to watch Reading vs Southampton last week with his Grandad. Although a Chelsea supporter, he said he'd support Reading for a day, but then was )gr:

My eldest son went to watch QPR v Wigan on the Sunday (he's also a Chelsea boy), but had to sit with the QPR supporters as he'd gone with a season ticket holder.... He was not popular when he cheered a Wigan goal )sh

As Reading and QPR are the closest permiership teams to where we live and more affordable than Chelsea tickets, I'm sorry they both look doomed.... I hope they bounce back....
Jo x
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
Atticus Finch in 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Sorry but I do think that Reading and QPR are doomed (and I for one wont be sad to see Harry R fail again). As for the thrid runner up, I reckon that stoke are a good bet, they have been steadily dropping down the table over the past couple of months and are only three points above the drop with Wigan having a game in hand. I think that Villa will be safe, they seem to have found their fighting spirit of late. Sunderland have a new manager so you don’t know how he will affect their next couple of performances (although that in itself has been hijacked by politics). It might be an obvious thing to say but it will all be a lot clearer on Monday once we have the results in… except of course for Wigan who are playing a cup game and will be sat with two games in hand on the teams around them. COYS )t' It is also nice to see Portsmouth finally due out of administration (again) and comforting to know that all the fans that gloated so much when the mighty saints went through a bad patch will be watching their team struggling in the lowest of the low divisions next year, probably with a ten point deduction at the start of the season )t' HAppy days indeed for South coast football.
Bah Humbug
paddy graham
Legendary Laner

Post by paddy graham »

Dont like to say it as I have always followed them,but I reckon Villa have a chance.Mind,it might do them good for a couple of seasons.I can remember when they were in the old third division and still getting gates of 30.000 odd.
When Irish eyes are smiling,they are usually up to mischief.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I think that Villa will be safe, they have a good strike force and are digging deep at the moment and scrapping out the points.
Bah Humbug
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Interesting results today. QPR are gone me thinks, as are Reading; the North East derby will be quite telling, but with five games left to play it is up to those who battle hardest.
Bah Humbug
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

I think Wigan will be ok by the end of the season and Sunderland sadly will take their place and face the drop. On a brighter note we (Hull City) took a massive step to automatic promotion to the PL, beating Ipswich 2-1, and Watford losing 3-2 against the posh. A six point cushion with 4 games to play is a great position to be in at the tickly end of the season.... :-D :-D :-D )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Richard

Post by Richard »

I watched Sky Sports News giving the highlights of he Hull game.

Good family Club, deserve it. )t' )t' )t'
Richard

Post by Richard »

Newcastle v Sunderland a turn up, throws it around a bit.

With an FA Cup Final to think about, odds not good on Wigan now!

Good for Hull, just a few more points Bob. If they win tonight, they have to lose every game really badly not to get promotion (I think)!!

Richard )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Looks like Sunderland may have turned a bit of a corner and look good to retain their premier league status. Looks like Di Canio was the right man for the job, despite the media,s concerns regarding his political background..

nervy situation Hull City now find themselves in Richard but I,m confident that we should hopefully get over the finishing line today....then a massive party for our last game against cardiff back at our place.. )hic( )hic( )hic(
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Sid and his girls
Learner Laner

Post by Sid and his girls »

Hi everyone, im a Villa fan and i have everything crossed for tonight, a win for us tonight might just get us a couple of points from safety >fi< I think Wigan may go this season,shame but it looks like it may not be their season this time around. My heart says a win for the Villa tonight but i have a feeling that a score draw is more likely!
Good luck to all fellow site football fans whether you be at the top or bottom!! :-D )t'
love life,love your family and friends,be happy with what you have as its already a joy to be alive.