Help using soft toy safety eyes

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

Help using soft toy safety eyes

Post by p.penn »

I am making an owl, and needed some eyes, so decided on some toy safety eyes which come with a plastic back ( a bit like stud earrings). I had the devils own job getting the backs on, and ended up on my hands and knees on the kitchen floor with a hammer. yike*

Have any of you used them and if you have, please could you tell me whether there is a knack to them please?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
p.penn

Re: Help using soft toy safety eyes

Post by p.penn »

PS this is my owl. I haven't made him any wings yet but think he looks fine without them, so am considering not bothering with them. What do you think?

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Sorry Helen I can't offer any advice on the eyes, just wanted to say I love your owl!
I think he looks great without wings, but also think some small, cute wings wouldn't hurt either if you did fancy making some :)
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I haven't found the eyes that difficult to do although they are quite stiff, I suppose that's to make them childproof. My owls just wanted to say hello )wav(

Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
manda

Post by manda »

I have no idea about the eyes either but I like them with or without wings...they're all gorgeous :-D )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

They are soooo cute. Great Xmas tree decs )t'
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I've no idea about the safety eyes either Helen and Julie, but wanted to say I love all your lovely little twit-twoos, very cute indeed {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.