Patchwork - One for Ali (and anyone else interested)

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Patchwork - One for Ali (and anyone else interested)

Post by rhubarb93 »

Went to the Kaffe Fassett exhibition at the Fashion and Textile museum in London today.
I knew he designed fabulous hand-knitting, but didn't know that he also did wonderful patchwork, quilting and tapestry as well. :-D
If any of you who are into this sort of thing get the chance to go, I'd highly recommend it.
There is also a designer glass studio in the same road, where you can sit and watch the glass being made. Fascinating!
perchy

Re: Patchwork - One for Ali (and anyone else interested)

Post by perchy »

Ooh I would love something like that, glad you had a good time )t'

Ali does some lovely gorgeous things, but she is very modest {warn}
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Very envious - I would love to go - recently read his autobiography - he's had an amazing life and his work covers so many aspects of textile, knitting, tapestry, patchwork, all sorts of stuff. I'd love to knit one his designs but they are very work intensive with all the intarsia/colours he uses.

One day I'd love to knit this scarf - I think it is absolutely stunning. It uses 23 different shades of Rowan wool!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... gins-scarf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I'm another Kaffe Fassett fan. I have one of his quilting books, and the colours are just stunning, a real visual feast - I've never made anything from it yet, just enjoyed looking at it. I got his autobiography for Christmas, so it's in my pile (have only looked at the pictures so far!)
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

julie62 wrote: I'd love to knit one his designs but they are very work intensive with all the intarsia/colours he uses.

One day I'd love to knit this scarf - I think it is absolutely stunning. It uses 23 different shades of Rowan wool!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library ... gins-scarf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the things I liked best was a knitted throw of autumn leaves. I counted 18 slightly different yarns in a single leaf!