Workshops (yarn)

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
julie62
Legendary Laner

Workshops (yarn)

Post by julie62 »

I went on a one day workshop last Saturday at Black Sheep Wools in Culcheth - it was a really good day out - Knitwear and crochet designers Debbie Abrahams and Jane Crowfoot spent the day teaching us techniques from their latest knitted and crocheted accessories book "Kaleidoscope".

It was really good fun and a lot of knitting shops are running these types of courses now - if you're interested it's well worth having a look what's available near you - you cant beat having someone showing you how to do stuff face to face.

And if you're really lucky there might be a knitting group where lovely people will help you and show you how to do stuff for free!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Workshops (yarn)

Post by albertajune »

It's great when you find a group with your interest near you. It sounds as though it was well worth going for an enjoyable and fruitful session.
I have had varied interests and went to classes at the local school, which was very handy. I did a course on cooking for and presenting buffets, pottery, which was a real laugh and photography. The last one taught me so much. )t'
The pottery one was the one that showed me I had no talent in that field whatsoever. Everything wobbled. {rofwl}
I would love to find a knitting or sewing group as being with other people does get me motivated. Must search around.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.