Lively Laner

anyone else fish for carp ?

Post by Daz »

heres a few photos of a couple that ive caught in the last few weeks

And no i dont eat them!! :)
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

And your other hobby is obviously photography.
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

My Daughter and her o/h fish. Went carp fishing last bank holiday and caught.............nought!

Yours look lovely.
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

34.5 lb
Daz
next year come down and have a days fishing with me
if its under 15lb i dont bother to weight it anymore
and on an average day i pull out about 10-15 carp
all about 10-15 lb ish
in fact this year i have not fished for them i have stayed on the
pole for the tench and bream
how sad is that i got bored getting so many :shock:

in return i could come up to you for a day out
i work for walkers crisps so i go to b/leys every night
and i see people walking past the dept carring fishing gear
there must a place nearbye

Dave
Last edited by Dave on 29 Sep 2008, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

Mo wrote:And your other hobby is obviously photography.

and my other hobby is obviously eating )t' :-D
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I with Dave on the carp front, I’d rather fish for tench (although I haven’t bothered to re-elastic my pole for a while now as that was getting a bit boring). I mainly fish a waggler these days with the occasional spot of feeder work if the mood takes me. The problem in my case was that I got caught up in the local match fishing thing and it soon loses it’s relaxation factor when that happens. I also can’t see the point of chucking out three sets of matching gear with high tech baits and sitting in a bivvy for three week waiting to see if anything will bite (not that I’m suggesting that this is what you do); a two pound perch or roach caught on light line and soft float rod IMHO is far better than a bag full of double figure carp out of a over stocked puddle.
Nice fish though, I don’t think that I could top any of the ones on display, the best I have caught this year is a couple of perch just over the pound mark which has been a bit poor.
Bah Humbug
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

I'm scared of big fish i wouldnt want one to tough my ley or foot if i was swimming in a river (not that i would be swimming in a river)!!
chickens rock!!!
dazbruce
Learner Laner

Post by dazbruce »

hi daz im into my carp fishing this was the last one i caught it was 19lb at west midlands golf club (berskwell) ,biggest in england is 22lb but last year i took my family on holiday to france we had a log cabin by the lake and a quarter of the lake where only we could fish , my eldest jake had his biggest a 28lb carp and i had a 41.5lb carp both at the same time so we was lucky enough to have a picture with us both together with our pb's i will upload them as soon as i find the camera as we recently moved and most stuff is stored in loft
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Here is a pic of my husband Clint. He has been carp fishing since he was 6years old. I don't remember the weight of this fish but it was big...I took the picture :-D We have been on many family holidays to fishing lakes in France. Now he fishes Wraysbury and is a bailiff there.
I'll find out what his PB is when he gets in from work and post a pic of it :-D
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

I have found out what his pb is....65lb 8oz :shock: I will post a pic as soon as I can find it on his pc :-D A french fish obviously :-D
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

that's a top fish.
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

My goodness you all have big ones there :shock: .....fish of course
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Bodger
Learner Laner

Re: anyone else fish for carp ?

Post by Bodger »

Those aren't carp. These are carp. I didn't catch any of them though.

In Easter 2000 I went with my family to see one of my friends in NYS. I've been there since and witnessed the same phenomonon.

My friend took us to a wildlife refuge called Montezuma. It consisted of a large lake surrounded by a swampy area.
We went for a pleasant walk around the perimeter of the lake on a gravel path.
At a lower level below the lake was a large canal which we looked down on from the path. As we walked we could see that there were lots of carp in the margins of the canal . This canal ran for 400 miles to the city of New York.

As we walked further along the path we could see more and more fish . In the distance we could see a concrete culvert that ran from the lake and downwards into the canal system . The sluice at the top of the culvert was closed , denying access for the fish from the canal up to the lake.
The fish were moving towards the culvert from a half of a mile on either side of it.

My kids stood on the culvert to look at the fish and this is what they saw. :shock:

You could almost walk across the fish there were that many. They were mostly Common Carp with just the odd Mirror.
Some were pushing the 30lb mark and they were so intent on getting up into the lake that they were literally battering themselves to death in doing so.

Now thats what I call a few fish ! :D
The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it. http://www.overthegate.co.uk
Meg
Lively Laner

Re: anyone else fish for carp ?

Post by Meg »

That is so sad for the fish. Is the sluice closed all the time? Why aren't the fish allowed into the canal? Carp in the US are killed too aren't they once they have been caught by a fisherman. I have seen some awful pictures of 'proud' fishermen holding huge dead carp that have been speared by the tail for a photo :(