Messy wool!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

Messy wool!

Post by p.penn »

I don't know if any of you remember my thread on not being able to find the end of my wool when I wanted to use it, (HERE ), but, it didn't go well! :oops:

Not only could I not find the ends, but also, every time I went to use the wool, I would have to untangle it. I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but my daughter can attest to the fact that it was nigh on impossible to just pick up one of my balls of wool and use it without spending at least 5 mins sorting it out. }hairout{

Anyway, I have news! One of the crochet sites I visit (attic 24) bought a wool winder like this, so I thought it may help me.

It arrived yesterday and this is it in action:

And the final results.......

Well, they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so I have made a few granny squares for my blanket tonight and I can report that so far, so good! Also, I can split the 100g balls up so when I crochet 'on the move' (which I do regularly during term time) I no longer have to cart huge balls of wool around. Result. )c(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Re: Messy wool!

Post by perchy »

It did look good and nice to know it owrks, hooray, no more messy wool )t'
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Glad it worked.
I like your granny squares, Helen, lovely colours. I've been doing some with a daisy in the centre but getting a bit bored with them now so might try your design for a change.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well done. Nice when something does what it says on the tin )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Absolutely Wendy! The best thing is that you can use the wool from the centre - like a ball of string, so it is not a problem finding it. :-D

Rhubarb - I have made loads of squares so I know what you mean, although oddly, I quite like the not having to engage my brain too much! Originally it was going to be 10x12 squares, so 120, but when I laid some on the floor, that wasn't really as big as I thought, so am thinking more 12x14 or even 12x16 ( yike* ) as it would be disappointing to edge it only to wish it was bigger later.

The only thing is, that as I am using 11 colours (don't ask {rofwl} ), I am getting very confused as to how many of each colour I will need. >dum<

I have made 128 so far, although every time I count them there is a different number {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com