A little bit of crochet

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
kate egg
Legendary Laner

A little bit of crochet

Post by kate egg »

As part of a charity crafting group I was sent a whole pile of crochet squares all different sizes. It is easiest to join same size squares together so I worked on the odd sizes to make them fit, including making a big 12" centre piece for one blanket. The results look so pretty and all I had to do after that was join and edge them )t' (They will either go to a Syrian refugee charity or one that send to eastern Europe.)

Mad Chick

Re: A little bit of crochet

Post by Mad Chick »

They're so pretty :-D

I was coveting at a crochet blanket in our Cath Kidston shop yesterday but really should learn how to make one myself...
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mad Chick wrote:They're so pretty :-D

I was coveting at a crochet blanket in our Cath Kidston shop yesterday but really should learn how to make one myself...

Lucy they are pretty by Cath but you could probably make have a dozen for their price and it is so satisfying, go on u tube honestly you can do it!!

Kate they are so pretty and such a worthy cause, well done you {hug}
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thank you :-D Lucy you should have a go, it took me a while to re-learn, I first learnt in the 1970s when I was a gal, then forgot how. It took me a while to get it again, and I crochet like I knit, tensioning the yarn in my right hand and wrapping it round the hook, can never get the hang of holding the yarn in my left hand.

If you do it yourself you can choose the colours to match your room too )t'
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Great job Kate! They are very pretty. How did you join them|?

I really like the idea of all different size squares joined together, and have recently bought this vintage pattern

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/10304935 ... pdf-afghan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also there is a lady who put a different square pattern on HER BLOGevery week or two, and she is making them into what she calls her 'homely blanket'.

Along the same lines. I have made a couple of my favourite squares from books I own, and may well end up just popping them into a basket until one day it is so overflowing that I need to join them!!!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That'll be a lovely blanket Helen )t'

The squares are joined by crocheting them together - hold the squares wrong sides together and dk the back loop of the 'v's together, simple (has to be for me to do it...)

I have always wanted to make a Babette blanket like these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=babet ... 592%3B1728"

One day maybe.....
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

PS The blanket on Made with Loops blog looks like it has been joined the same way as mine. It is lovely and very like a Babette.....