2014 South Island Junior Championships

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
manda

2014 South Island Junior Championships

Post by manda »

Last weekend our archery Club hosted the 2014 South Island Junior Championships.
The JAMA which used to be know as the Junior and Midget Archers Association (now called the Junior Archer Members Assoc)...is great for children up to the age of 18 to compete and the different levels for their age group.
It took a lot of organising but it was so worth it when you see the effort those children put in.....it was 2 days of shooting - the first day was 144 arrows from about 10.30am till 4.30pm then next day was the 720 when they shoot 72 arrows...it's a lot of hard work for them but especially the little ones...(my son is one of the very little ones ...the mini minja's as they are called in the club....he is 5 in from the right....next to him is the shortest competing archer in our club...they are hilarious together ..they're like a little old married couple ...just as well because she keeps in in order and organised )grin2(
We were absolutely worn out at the end of it...we started on Friday morning marking out the range and were up on Saturday and Sunday out at the range for 7am to get the targets out and approved by the judges before shooting started...but it was fabulous.

The Line up with the view from the DOS's (Director of Shooting) point of view

We were meant to have some lovely new bosses arrive before the competition but unfortunately Cyclone Lusi had other ideas so they were still out in NZ waters and didn't have time to clear customs in time...still another club who we get on really well with let us borrow some of their bosses so we had enough for the competition.

...and this is Bruce D'Bear who is our club mascot...he is very well loved and respected amongst the archery fraternity )grin2(

If you get the chance to have a go at doing archery I would strongly recommend it...we love the club we're in ..they're like an extended family and the kids are fabulous.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
wendy

Re: 2014 South Island Junior Championships

Post by wendy »

Looks a lovely family day out.
)t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Wow Manda, what a fabtastic family day out. (dom please find the archery smilie)
Bah Humbug
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Glad you had a good weekend.
we love the club we're in ..they're like an extended family

I think that's true of a lot of hobbies. Certainly if I go to any folk dance club I will see people I know (to smile at, if not their names) from dancing with them at festivals. And in a new area you go to club on Monday night, someone says hello to you on Tuesday when you are shopping.
Very cheering when we were 140 miles from home looking after MIL.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Post by fishpond »

It is not fair-
I can see people in shorts and t-shirts. envy}}
Looks like a really nice way to spend a w/end
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

So pleased you had such a lovely time {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com