Precision - cutting eggshells

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Precision - cutting eggshells

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Hi, I've an idea to cut out holes in blown eggshells, to make christmas tree decorations, so I can decorate them inside and out. It would be nice to take a section out so precisely that I could hinge it. I need some kind of fine saw/saw-edged needle. Does anyone know of such an object? Thanks (f+
manda

Post by manda »

Hi there had a look on the net and found these two sites.

Carving Tool

The Egg Man

Hope that helps (if not the egg man's work is just lovely to look at anyway!)
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Manda brilliant link to the Egg Man. I know that goose eggs are stronger than hen eggs, I see that Ron carves goose and rhea eggs.

CotH good luck with the carving, for one thing I just wouldn't have the patience, will look forward to seeing some of your work. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
yorkielass
Lively Laner

Post by yorkielass »

You can use a glass engraver to carve egg shells. They do work better on goose eggs though as mentioned before :-D
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

i did something like this for xmas balls!, i used a glue gum and marked off where i wanted the design and got very small pliers and when the glue dried then broke off the ball bit i didnt want , helped to use coloured glue sticks and was very pretty, as decoration on outside was coloured and added me own thing inside
BigMeanUglyOgre
Lively Laner

Post by BigMeanUglyOgre »

I personally have found that a Dremel can do about anything. Eggs should be easy for the Dremel.