logs logs logs

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

logs logs logs

Post by musicdaz73 »

I have a log burner in my cottage and am now addicted to logs,i go out in my jeep and collect any old logs laying around the park etc.
Ive now made a log horse which for me is amazing as im not a diy man,music is my thing.ive got a chainsaw and axes.i just enjoy chopping them and splitting them for the burner!
does anyone else share my obsession? as i think im slightly mad haha!!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Well that's good, Daz. Will help keep you fit and is cheaper for you than gas and electric, eh? :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

sure is!!

Post by musicdaz73 »

Yes you are very right,my gas bill is tiny,i do have central heating but am so frugal i dont use it much at all,once the burner is going it heats the cottage up very nicely!!
manda

Post by manda »

Well I wouldn't say it's my al consuming hobby but we had a good logstacking sesh the other day to get ready for next winter (mind you the weather today you would never guess we are in summer!).
We don't have central heating, our only form of heating is the woodburner but it passed the time. Got another 10 tonnes of wood in the paddock that needs splitting...ah well happy days!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I'm obsessed by logs! Whenever we're out and about I try to collect them and I'm forever going on about the wood that I see lying around when we pass some in the car.
jetriley
Lively Laner

logs

Post by jetriley »

Well, we do not have gas. We have a log/coal stove in the lounge in an inglenook and in my kitchen I have a Rayburn which is fuelled by coal. I cook with coal, heat water and run radiators off it too.

We have replaced all the bulbs in the house with energy saving (which cost a fortune) but worth it.

We have been lucky over the last few years because friends have phoned to say that they are felling trees and did we want the logs.

I don't like anything too modern.

I think collecting logs is just so wonderful.

Keep it up.
(f+ Jet
2 Japanese Akitas, 1 African Grey Parrot, 1 Corn snake, 10 beautiful chooks, several Koi and not forgetting, long suffering husband (Dave)
http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp93 ... ey_photos/
Ryan
Lively Laner

Post by Ryan »

Chopping logs gets the days frustrations out of the way I will admit.
Good workout as well - although thats quickly undone when I have finished nd demolish the chocolate buscuits n front of the fire :razz:
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

nice!!

Post by musicdaz73 »

ha ha,yes it is a good work out indeed,i do the same,ive got 2 tins of cadbury's biccies left over from crimbo still!!!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Good grief Daz, how can ANYONE have chocolate biccies left over from Christmas :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

oh dear!!!

Post by musicdaz73 »

well,after christmas i had a bit of a breakdown,sorry to lower the tone,i was made redundant in november and after chrimbo it all got to me,so....i wasnt eating really,so ive got mince pies,choc and biccies among other food stuffs left over.

By the way im ok now,picked myself up and got on with it.
the bloody docs are crap though,"take these mr claxton you will be ok in a few weeks" what??? i felt like poo for days so i flushed said pills down the loo.

still no job,but im liking my time off,i go logging most days,fish and play my guitars and drums,its cool cos all my neighbours are at work so i can go crazy!!!
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Glad you are feeling better and on the way to a full recovery!

Its hard this life sometimes, we get all sorts thrown at us, good for you flushing the pills, sometimes these are not always the answer to your problems!
Keep posative, and enjoy the fishing etc )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

Thankyou

Post by musicdaz73 »

Bless ya,thanks....i was'nt after the sympathy vote by the way,just find it helps to share our lifes little problems.

Drums today,its a bit drizzly in my village down the lane
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

It Always helps to talk with others!

Knowing your not alone, there is plenty more in the same situation, and at times it gets you down! This time of year never helps either, and with the way things are at the moment job wise etc, its hard to feel posative about things!

Just knowing that there are others like you (wont help your situation i know), but at least by talking about it to others it helps that Bottle up situation!

I hope that the new year brings you health and a new job, i'm sure it will! )t'

Stace PS Its drizzle here today
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
musicdaz73
Lively Laner

Post by musicdaz73 »

thanks,that does help.
Well we are having our 1st baby in august so lots to look forward to!! sleepless nights and poo!!!
looking forward to it though,can wait!!
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Congratulations on your impending parenthood!!
Richard is going to have to start a creche section on the forum soon LoL
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!