my last hobbie

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
plankton
Lively Laner

my last hobbie

Post by plankton »

was looking at some of my old pic of my marine tank and i thought i show you all
i loved my tank spent alot of time to run but it was worth it
i started with a 50 gal tank for a year then upgraded to an 8ft 200gal tank and had that for about 4 years i have just only finished sell everything sold the last bits 2 weeks ago

anyone on here have a marine tank

this pic as taken in july when i started to sell up
jetriley
Lively Laner

fish

Post by jetriley »

Hi Plankton, I did have two tropical fish tanks and a vivarium when I lived in my flat and when I met my husband, he had two tanks of tropical fish.

When I moved in with him the whole place was surrounded my fish tanks.

We eventually sold them all one by one but kept the vivarium with my snake.

However, we do have other animals now and of course my beautiful girls.

I did love the marine fish but I was worried about keeping the environment just perfect because it is quite a feat to do that. What a wonderful tank you had. What kind of marine fish did you keep.

Jet (f+
2 Japanese Akitas, 1 African Grey Parrot, 1 Corn snake, 10 beautiful chooks, several Koi and not forgetting, long suffering husband (Dave)
http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp93 ... ey_photos/
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I think they look fantastic and if I had one to look at the TV would never get switched on! But the time and dedication to keep everything right would be very daunting. So I'll stick with the very amenable dog, cat and of course my girly wirls :)
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I have a largish cold water tank in my kitchen which is inhabited by one largish goldfish and one white cloud mountain minnow. The goldfish ate all the others :?
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

Very nice plankton, marine fish are harder to look after than tropical fish arnt they. My middle son has a lovely marine tank.When he was young he had a tank with 2 parana fish in it. One of them was eating the other a bit a day, poor thing. We didnt know what was happening to it at the time till we saw it eating it.We had to put it out of its missery because by this time it was only half a fish and still swimming. Also they were in his bed room, so I didn't go in there very often.
chickens rock!!!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have a small tropical tank which I really love - I have had it for just over 2 years now.

That reminds me - I must do a water change! :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com