Found a Pratchett I havent read!!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Found a Pratchett I havent read!!

Post by Babycakes »

And you'll never believe this - I found it in the bookcase in my own living room!!!!
Apparently OH bought me "Thud" MONTHS ago - he says he must have forgotten to give me it and put it on the shelf with the rest of them!
Anyways, I started reading it last night and am loving it already. I nearly peed myself when Vimes got a Gooseberry Personal Organiser. And how Terry Pratchett hold a mirror up to our world and makes the Discworld so funny yet so true to life in a very twisted way...the man is a genious!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

He's a genius.

Thud is a great book in the great story of discworld (f+
Jackie xx
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Trouble is his books make you laugh out loud and as I read mainly on holiday on in the garden it is a good job I'm not easily embarassed. Got the DVD of Colour of Money, not bad at all.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I remeber the first time I read Witches Abroad, I was about 16, my mum came into my room at 3am because she thought I was making odd noises in my sleep....I was still reading LoL
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I think the Witches books are my favourites, I just love the charachters. I intend to grow into Nanny Ogg when I am older, I even had a cat called Greebo as practise!
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

I can't remember the name of my first Pratchett but it was about the witches taking a female wizard to study at unseen university.

I've been hooked ever since (f+
Jackie xx
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Post by teddymouse »

[quote="misty"]Trouble is his books make you laugh out loud and as I read mainly on holiday on in the garden it is a good job I'm not easily embarassed. Got the DVD of Colour of Money, not bad at all.[/quote
try reading bits that are making you laugh,, aloud to someone ,lol
my son got me into these books,terry lives only a few miles up the road from me,so have met him sevral times.i have the 1st stamper that was made for one of his books for the usa promotion ,as we had the contact to made it at the fratory at poole,its the seal of the unseen uni,of ankh-morpork.and did you know that is officaly twined with wincanton,i was invited to the do,and a lovely meal in the eveing,a day to remember.
angie
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Not envy}} really Teddy (f+
Jackie xx
amandajane
Lively Laner

Post by amandajane »

)ot:

try reading bits that are making you laugh,, aloud to someone ,lol

If I'm in a bit of a bad mood my girls bring me Mr Bump, from the Mr Men series to read to them cos I can't get through it without crying with laughter, I don't know why but the text is so dry and the Illustrations soooooooooooo funny.

Just re-read that and it sounds a bit nuts (f+
full time mum to 2 gorgeous girls, 5 newly glam ex-battery chickens, two smelly cats, one bearded dragon. Owner of one patient husband
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Wow Teddymouse, I'm envy}} too!!!!!
I too plan to model myself on Nanny Ogg when I reach an appropriate age.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

My favourite author, I've read all the Discworld novels to date and all other novels including his brilliant children's books.
The next Discworld novel "Unseen Academicals" comes out in October, a long time to wait! :shock:
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Post by teddymouse »

terry named two new streets that have been given discworld names this week in wincanton,,they are peach pie st and treacle mine rd.
angie
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

If ever I get the chance of a nice mongrel it'll get the name Gaspode!
"Can that dog speak? He says he can!" Wonderful stuff!
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I really enjoyed the book “Nation”, unmistakably Terry Patchett and very much akin to those stories set upon the disc world although it wasn’t set there it’s self. I read my first discworld just after it had been released (way back when), it was when Terry was knocking them out at an alarming speed; three a year if I remember correctly. By the time I’d finished the third (equal rights) I remember being despondent because there were still a few weeks until Mort was to be released. In truth I had been duty over the weekend and had demolished the first three books in little over a day. To fill in the gap I promptly embarked on the spellsinger series.
^b:
Bah Humbug
Robert Davitt Callaghan
Lively Laner

Re: Found a Pratchett I havent read!!

Post by Robert Davitt Callaghan »

I've read a couple, I'm reading Mort at the moment, loving it, he's so clever and funny. Insightful. :-D