Cross stitch anyone?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
dymoduds
Learner Laner

Cross stitch anyone?

Post by dymoduds »

I go through stages of just loving cross stitch, anyone else in to it? I have loads of patterns that I have already done, and loads more that I probably will never do.
S x
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I used to cross stitch but gave it up when I had Grace. I found I needed at least an hour at a time to sit down and focus on it or I lost my place, miscounted etc. I just didint have the time to spend on it. Love it though, will definately go back to it when she is older
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
wendy

Post by wendy »

I certainly do. My favourites are native Americans.
I have now got so many I am getting like the Tate Gallery and having to take some down, put some up for a while and then change around again. I find it so relaxing.
But I am back knitting for a while as I am so short of space.
I am going on holiday Thursday and will betaking some with me then.
I also have loads I have finished but only two I haven't yet done.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Me too :)

I do seasonal stuff so that I don't have to find space for it all year round, I have a vase of tulips, next to a vase of tulips on my windowsil at the moment :?

I haven't anything more spingy but a few autumnal/halloween ones.

I prefer to keep it simple, I'm not a huge fan of shaded stuff - too slow to work, same for half stitches. I'm into instant gratification )t' My big problem is never getting round to mounting them :oops:

Both my girls are making Mother's day cards for all their female relatives.
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

I'm a cross-stitcher too. Samplers are my favourites, and also like collecting antique ones although they're getting rather pricey, so making do with sewing my own.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I used to love it but get very frustrated with my long-sightedness now, so don't bother any more.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
dymoduds
Learner Laner

Post by dymoduds »

I have recentley done faries, pretty ones with beads and metallic threads. Finished two and had them framed, about oooh 100 more to do maybe. I have moved on to flowers for a while now, I am just doing one of some lovely blye irisis, It looks ever so real and the colours are beautiful. Let me know if anyone wants any patterns, I can photocopy them and send them out....not too expensive that way. I do quite a bit in the winter when its cold and dark and quite a few I give away when they are finished, as presents for my gran or mum. Soon my cross stitch will be discarded in favour of more "outdoor" activities, I hope anyway unless these wet and cold spells continue, Maybe I will just stay in hibernation!
x
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

I would love a new hobby!! I tried to learn to knit from finding tutorials online but i can only do a little bit and i got frustrated and gave up. I think if I'd have had someone to show me properly I would be well away so I'm always looking to try something new.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Emma, you should give cross stitcha try, I taught myself and it's very easy to get the basics. Like Effie I prefer the instant gratification kits - easy to follow charts, few (or preferably no) half or quarter stitches and not too many colours.
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes Emma it is easy to follow if you don't panick. Start on a small one first.
I only have counted cross stitch, the printed ones drive me batty. What do the rest of you do ?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

I do counted as the print ones driv e me mad or if i see a pic i like i have a computer programme that will make a graph etc although i find that difficult.Gardening and chickens take up time and also addicted to doing family tree so cross stitch taken abit of a back seat at the moment :oops:

Karen
daveindeal
Lively Laner

Post by daveindeal »

my wife is an absolute fanatic.

she is doing winnie the pooh at the moment for my sister who has a bun in the oven.

she does l;oads and even gets a discount in our local shop as she goes in there so much.

)ot: she use to have a CD to turn your own pictures into a cross stich pattern but it seems to have disapeared when we moved, does anyone have a copy they could send me (im willing to pay all the postage costs)
Some friends are like a slinky, boring till you push them down the stairs.
http://mongehamestate.blogspot.com/
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

I think I do Dave. I have two in a set but they are for Windows 98 I think, I haven't used them for years, would they be any good or too old??
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

i have done some, and have 3 half done projects put away (since the birth of kids)!!

Think i need one of those directional lamp things so i can see!!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I went to a big craft fair at NEC 2 weeks ago, first one in years.

I eventually found two counted pictures of chickens, one as kit and one with the chart. I got the same material to use as the kit, and all the threads. Guess what I was doing all week? They look great in black frames in the hallway. I`ve got smaller charts I thought would make great Easter cards.

I havent done any for years and it was so good to get back into it.

I also got ideas to make patchwork cushion covers with cat faces on them. I made the first one yesterday, and plan to attatch it to a cream cushion cover I got cheap from Ikea.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.