Recycling office stuff

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
aparker155
Lively Laner

Recycling office stuff

Post by aparker155 »

As a consequence of downsizing, the company I work for has loads of office stuff that it needs to get rid of such as folders, filing cabinets etc - I hate to see these things go to landfill so does anyone have any ideas of where such things can be gotten rid of quickly (the skip is already full and will be collected on Thursday)? I will try freecycle but is there anywhere else?
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Recycling office stuff

Post by Meanqueen »

Have you got a Scrapstore near you, they might be interested. Charity shop maybe.

Just looked, there is one in Cambridge.

Cambridge Scrapstore

Ilona
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

On my local freecycle site office stuff goes in a flash.
I have been trying to get one of those metal stationary cupboards to put hen feed etc in for nearly a year now.
I have replied to about five offers but not got one reply yet {cry}
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I recycle stuff from the office all the time, not sure if they want me to recycle it or not but if it’s left on the side idle and I think that I could use it at home then I recycle it.

)de:
Bah Humbug
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

saint-spoon wrote:I recycle stuff from the office all the time, not sure if they want me to recycle it or not but if it’s left on the side idle and I think that I could use it at home then I recycle it.

I do that too. My rule is, if it's got enough dust on that I can write my name in it, it's mine :razz:
Owen calls it "frugalling"
I frugaled one of those document stand things that you clip papers to when you are typing them up. It is ow a very usefull cross stitch chart holder. It was so grubby I had to wash it in hot soapy water - clearly no-one had used it for some years!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!