Bike trailer

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Re: Bike trailer

Post by Orfy »

Seeing a trail on a bike makes people turn their heads and point, when they see the dogs they smile and laugh.

You get some looks.

It's great for fetching produce back from the allotment, I've even took the dogs to the pub and back with it.
Thanks for posting the link Bluebell.
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I have a kiddy one for Grace. She loves her "bike pram", and I feel it is perfectly safe for her - much more so than in a traditional childs seat on my bike, as I sometimes have issues balancing myself on it let alone her! :oops:
She wears a proper cycle helmet, and is strapped in with a very good 5-point harness. Her bike pram cover is bright yellow and it has a neoon orange flag in a long pole so people can see she is behind me. It also has a fly screen that lets air in while keeping bugs, little stones etc. out as well as a a waterproof rain cover.
I dont think I would use it if I lived in a very large town or a city. I use mine on quiet roads or on the footpaths (and yes I pull over and give way to pedestrians!!)
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

I saw a chap arrive at a harbour once with his canoe behind his bicycle on a trailer, that was impressive, though I noticed he needed a lot of turning space to get round a corner.

I used to have my son on a bike seat, I wouldn't have felt safe with him so near to the ground in one of the kiddie trailers, but they would be fine for off road bike trails.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
GrahamNR17
Lively Laner

Post by GrahamNR17 »

I keep coming back to this thread and wondering why I cycle to work on my little Ebay folding bike, but never anywhere else.

So, I've now returned to my rightful place in the saddle for most of my 'chore' excursions. Via Ebay I've built up a brand new big wheeled bike for less than a hundred quid to the exact specification I require, ie alloy-everything for weight (and puff) saving, 6 gears maximum (Norfolk ain't an 18-gear county!) sit-up-and-beg riding position, big soft saddle for my big soft sile} and nice big panniers.

I've noted what I used the car for over the last few weeks, and there's nothing I can't get in a bike trailer, even two sacks of dog food.

So thanks Raven, by creating this thread you've prompted yet more re-assessment )t' and money-saving )t' and probably less requirement for heating when I get home, sweating like an idiot :?

Graham
They said "Smile, things could be worse."
So I smiled.................and things got worse.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I would love to carry things around in a bike trailer. )t' .........

......if I had a bike :? .......

.......if I could even ride a bike properly :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Get a trike, Helen, you could have a basket on for carrying things in.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes but my legs get really tired really quickly! (all say ahhhhhhhh.....!!)
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

p.penn wrote:Yes but my legs get really tired really quickly! (all say ahhhhhhhh.....!!)

All say "all the more reason to get some exercise and build up those muscles....." )w(
GrahamNR17
Lively Laner

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Sunny B wrote:
p.penn wrote:Yes but my legs get really tired really quickly! (all say ahhhhhhhh.....!!)

All say "all the more reason to get some exercise and build up those muscles....." )w(

)t' )t' )t'

It's amazing how quickly you get fit, a month ago I could do a couple of miles, albeit my legs collapsed when I got off. Now I comfortably do five miles and don't fall over at the end 8) In another few months, who know?
They said "Smile, things could be worse."
So I smiled.................and things got worse.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I saw a lady on a mobility carriage-buggy thing a week or seven back towing a bike cart with a child in transit..... I did wonder if it was her daughter and if so how old was she to be on a mobility wagon?
Bah Humbug