Polythene.

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
wolfe
Lively Laner

Re: Polythene.

Post by wolfe »

Thanks Graham NR17, that will save me the trouble of searching further. All the answers i wanted to know are there and more. )t'
Life is too short for hate, love life and the earth we live on.
Mark & Veronica
Lively Laner

Re: Polythene.

Post by Mark & Veronica »

Very simples! as plastics recycling is how I earn my living this is the answer to farm plastic waste.

There are a few small businesses who have set up and failed on the back of an idea of recycling plastics from farms. The reason they fail is that the plastic is dirty, so needs to be cleaned (washed) before it can be melted down to make new products. The cost is huge and the value of the washed material is not enough to cover the cost. Some ends up exported as with the majority of waste plastics to China. However farm scrap plastics contra vean the "trans frontier regulations" that govern what we can export to other countries.

China are tightening up on scrap plastic imports, so the first to be hit will be lower grade materials such as farm plastics and plastics contaminated with food and dirt.

The simple answer is to use plastics that degrade in landfill. Also remember that once landfill runs out the only real option will be incineration, or better still stop producing the waste that can't be recycled properly!