Proud of my rubbish

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
manda

Re: Proud of my rubbish

Post by manda »

I suppose if it's biodegradable cat litter then it wouldn't matter as you could compost that too (just not in the food compost!! sile}) or at least if it goes to landfill it won't sit there for thousands of years.
Can you get biodegradable cat litter or is just biodegradable anyway or not I've never looked into that...Oh grief.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I think if our councils start charging us for rubbish collection there would be a lot of jiggery pokery going on at night. People sneeking out in the dark to put their rubbish in a neighbours bin, or even putting it in a street waste bin, perhaps also throwing it over someones hedge. People will do anythung to get out of paying.

Ilona
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Manda, I cant put bio-degradable cat litter in the "garden waste" bin to be collected by the council, and it isnt recommended for use in domestic compost bins due the fact it is soiled. Sadly, this means that putting it in with household rubbish is the only other option. Rescue centres sometimes have to pay for it to be collected as commercial waste if they have a big cattery. I have to confess "solids" get flushed down the loo by most fosters I know.

You can get litter made from re-cycled paper, or sawdust which are bio-degradable. However, I`m allergic to sawdust The paper one is not that absorbant, and is so lightweight the cats tend to tip the tray over when they "scrape"!

Hope you arnt eating whilst reading this.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Ah well cat litter 101 ...I think I'll leave that for a subject to research {rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny