new pink bags for plastics

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Re: new pink bags for plastics

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

p.penn wrote:I am extremely lucky in this department. After several years of having a blue recycling crate in my kitchen (awful size, no lid, totally useless) the council must have had so many complaints that they changed a year or so ago and we have 2 wheelie bins now, one for household rubbish and one for mixed recycling. They take plastic bottles, paper, card, tins, bottles, jars and juice cartons. All mixed together. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. They alternate which bin they collect each week, but I have got my rubbish down to teeny amounts these days.

I also have a 'green joanna' compost bin in my garden, which takes ALL cooked and raw food. It was subsidised from the council, as was my 'normal' composter.

We have exactly the same system, but, find that once a fortnight doesn't really do it and we now have to take bags to the dump.

They collect the foodie bin every week though but to be honest we don't chuck much in that, chooks have most of it.

I tend to collect packaging now as I install new things in peoples houses, not allowed in the dump because I have a van )gr: even though everything I would be ditching can be recycled, so it ends up in my bin at home. I find now that after installing summat I ask if I can put the packaging in their bin and they will more often than not refuse as they only have one bin as well.

I installed a dishwasher the other day and the amount of packaging was amazing. Most of it could be recycled though.
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum