Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Photo's of you and your Bicycle

Post by Richard »

Thought this may be nice.

Post your pictures below !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Richard

Re: Photo's of you and your Bicycle

Post by Richard »

Here's mine - It's a Trek FX (minus the extras!)

[center]Image[/center]

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

It looks very smart - is this the new one for your big bike ride?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yes Helen.

I'm nearly at the stage of setting the whole thing up for next year.

I have some Ortlieb rear Pannier Bags and an Altura Handlebar Bag (all waterproof). I have a wireless bike computer, Garmin Forerunner and a mirror. Security wise two alarms, one for bike and one for the Panniers + a Number Lock as well.
I want to try it all out sometime with Tent, sleeping bag and mat so to decide if I need front panniers as well. The camping stuff is more for emergencies, just in case I'm stuck somewhere etc.

I just need to get the Front Ortlieb Panniers and some clothing, then I'm just about ready.

Richard )t'
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi Richard,

Just come across this thread. I've got to be honest, I do have a bicycle, its pink. :oops: Apart from that the only other thing I can tell you is that I've ridden it once! :oops:

I would like to be able to use it to get me to and from work, when the weather improves. Having said that, I said the same thing this time last year. Problem I have is that to get to work from here it is all uphill. Guess the bonus would be coming home and it being all downhill. :-D

Anyone else on here (apart from Richard) use their bike. S-S, don't you have a bicycle?? Sure I've seen a photo on here - or am I thinking someone else.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

not me obviously its the wife
but she is riding my bike
her's is the one next to her !
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

DAVE!!!!!!! Woohoo, have missed you, man! Good to see you DTL, even in your lovely wife is riding YOUR bike! Hope you are both OK. Happy new year! )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

bluebell wrote:DAVE!!!!!!! Woohoo, have missed you, man! Good to see you DTL, even in your lovely wife is riding YOUR bike! Hope you are both OK. Happy new year! )t'

thanks
the wife just said "yes i am lovely" :shock:
but it is was a couple of years ago when the pic was taken :-D
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Dave, the good lady is STILL lovely. You have to tell her that. That is if you don't want any bits belonging to you mounted on the mantelpiece. )t'

gromit
Lively Laner

Post by gromit »

The trusty steed complete with trailer, the trailer is welded steel frame with two wheel chair wheels and a tongue and groove deck, towed from the bikes rear axle, I tried a rising tow hitch to the rear of the saddle but it was sooo unstable, like caravan yaw and near unstoppable above 7 or 8 miles an hour. runs like a dream now, nice and steady and of course being wheel chair wheels, can carry loads of weight, more than I can peddle i reckon

We have been independant enough with the bikes and the trailer through the winter to be able to keep the camper snug in the garage, it lives behind the big blue doors all snug and warm til the sun shines again.

We bought the bikes when we came here 7 years ago, it's nice and flat, aluminium frames and 18 gears , nothing flash just steady run arounds, mine has had some pretty big lumps of timber across the bars and saddle hauled up from the beach, must get a photo for the next lump, they get broken off the groins in the rough weather, wonderful fire wood )t'
How did I ever find the time to go to work
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

From the photoI think I see that the trailer hitch is offset to hang on the nearside of the bike axle. Am I right in thinking that, and if so, does it not cause problems when going round sharp right-hand turns?
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Me finishing a very wet ! BHF Gower bike ride one year.

Better pic of the bike

Me and my Daughter Sian enjoying a ride.

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I never learnt to ride a bike as Mum thought them to dangerous when I was a girl - then when I was 12 Dad bought me a pony -and that wasnt dangerous ?
I want to see Little Brown Hens trike !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FnO4muJqJydDWxsjbNeBDqT2Tdj86kMFAZ-mYr8T_UQ?feat=directlink

this a photo of my friends and I from Sunday, i'm using a borrowed bike from a friends 9yr old daughter!! i'm 3rd from the left!! :-D

If anyone is able to embed please feel free to do, i've just tried for 30 mins grrrr }hairout{
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Oheckitseck

Post by Oheckitseck »

Wee Eck cannot post a picture on this thread :oops:

Eck has NEVER had a bike nor can he ride a bike :oops: