Lively Laner

An interesting read!

Post by gromit »

How did I ever find the time to go to work
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: An interesting read!

Post by Grannyof4 »

Thanks!!! Don't need depressing any more, the rain is enough especially as we were supposed to have sun and my whole day was planned around this..
gromit
Lively Laner

Post by gromit »

sorry and all, lol, thought it made a change from government spending cuts, it's certainly a bigger problem.

Rains clearing too, it will get better {rofwl}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Green issues causing enforced frugality ! Kind of makes sense in a rather strange way!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
gromit
Lively Laner

Post by gromit »

Scary thing is the closer we come to a serious fuel supply crisis, the more centralised supply lines we construct and the more dependant we become on fuel being needed to supply us with the necessities of everyday life.

Witness the onward march of all consumer supply companies towards centralised supply depots and just in time supply chains to consumer outlets.

Madness!

Also the inability of local councils to halt the onward march of the supermarkets in all their many forms, planning permission for retail oulets seems only to be restricted by the number of councillors that can be bought IMHO.

I live in a small town that has had it's local trading structure decimated by the arrival of a major supermarket 7 years ago, I know, it's the peoples choice but it does rather seem to me like going to hell in a handcart, twill all end in tears but who gives a crap as long as a profit is being made.

Ok I''l take me soapbox with me...sorry, and yes I do use the supermarket but only because i don't have a car and there's sod all else left!
Canuck
Learner Laner

Post by Canuck »

If you follow these things gromit you probably already know about The Oil Drum web site, but in case you haven't heard about it, you can read an interesting technical backgrounder about the Guardian post here:
http://www.theoildrum.com/node/7465

It is all very, very worrying. I think there are some tough times ahead, but perhaps one of the compensations will be a revitalisation of small towns, and increased custom for local shops and farms.
A simple lifestyle, freely chosen, is a source of strength.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

Looks like I had better get fit again and start riding my bike more!

)t'
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.