Sage
Learner Laner

Re: Wheelie Bins.............again

Post by Sage »

We have:-
Green bins for general household waste - weekly
Brown bin for garden waste / card / food waste - fortnightly
Blue bin for paper / tins and plastics bottles - monthly
No recycling for glass )ang so we put glass in an old plastic bin to take to the tip.
Tetra Pac / clothing and plastics other than 1.2. or 3 I take to my parents 10 mins away but they have a different council and can recycle more.

Sage
Mum to 3 year old daughter, wife to very supportive Hubby. Chicken Mum to 6
One day I will get time sit down and do nowt.
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Re: Wheelie Bins.............again

Post by Mercedes »

We have 5 bins where we are and our local council has just changed the collections of the main rubbish bin from weekly to fortnightly :?

We have a big brown bin that is for garden stuff and cardboard and we've always used that, but now we have to put in kitchen waste and have an ugly brown kitchen caddy that is supposed to sit on the kitchen worktop and be used to put waste in. I can't bear things like that being visible so everything is tucked under the sink. They now pick this brown bin up every week and I've started putting the hen's poo and bedding in there as I don't want to keep it outside my kitchen door for 2wks getting all pongy.

I've had to ask the council for an extra plastic recycling box as now they aren't picking up weekly I having to recycle tins and yoghurt pots etc., but don't have enough space to put them in just one box. With so many boxes I've also ordered a trolley for the recyling boxes as we keep them by the house and it takes me ages to drag them all out to the kerbside.

As we have a dog that is also an issue as you can't put dog poo in anything but the main bin and I hate to think what that will smell like after 2wks, so I am considering doing a poop scoop and then putting the bag in one of the council's pet bins which are down the road.

Considering we pay £210 a month in Council Tax and the local council have just closed the local tip, not very impressed at all.
Lyn