Ashford's Shared Space Scheme

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Ashford's Shared Space Scheme

Post by Richard »

Thanks Helen, you put me back on topic, I wandered!!

I think there's a similar thing in New Road, Brighton?

You seem to find similar in Belgium I've found; no pavements, just designed cobbles with a 20mph (equivalent of) speed limit.

I think for Towns and maybe Villages, this is the way forward.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ah, well New Road is where the Theatre Royal and the sparkly seats are. :-D

I didn't realise it was called shared space though. I thought it was pedestrianised. With a few cars. >coc<
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

ooh, that's coincidence.

I haven't been to Brighton, other than the Cricket Ground in Hove and the Railway Station to change trains, for at least 25 years

)t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh, you should go Richard. I go, usually once a year on my birthday, but my son took me out to lunch a few weeks back. It is really fab now to visit and enjoy.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Sounds an excellent idea Richard. The road system around Reading is awful and their solution to it is to install extra traffic lights every 10 yards or so }hairout{

I love it when councils try these new ideas - so often they are totally poo-pood by people as they just like to have a moan but if given a fair go will often improve things.

The talk it up scheme you mentioned is a great idea. We lived in Hastings for a while and had our fair share of problems there (burgled 7 times in 6 years!) but I loved it and felt so sad when people moaned about it there. It's a vicious circle, the more you moan about where you live, the less you care about it. Talk it up and take pride in your hometown - something most of the country could do a bit more of )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway