Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall and T.esco !

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall and T.esco !

Post by Richard »

I see that Hugh has purchased a fairly hefty stake in Tesco Shares and using his financial (and 'celeb') weight to raise Motions to change their food policies.

Interesting, kind of fight from within.

Links......

Daily Telegraph

The Grocer

TheIndependant

Also interesting that The Telegraph put it in their 'Celeb News' section!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Thanks for that gem, the fight goes on and there are those folk who’ll put it down as a self publicity stunt to try and sully his reputation but in this case I believe that any publicity is good. (With the current government being so unpopular they might just rush through a bill banning intensive farming if they think that there’s a vote in it. Fingers crossed)
Bah Humbug
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

He's sent out an email to those who signed up to the chicken out campaign, asking those who are already shareholders to give him their proxy if the motion get put at the meeting. And a blurb from some investment broker offering to buy you a (some?) T esco share (s) for £30.
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

He's sent out an email to those who signed up to the chicken out campaign, asking those who are already shareholders to give him their proxy if the motion get put at the meeting

oh :oops:

I can put them (the shares) to some use then :oops: :oops:

Sorry - I have a chequered past
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Behind every sign up, there's something else planned - and think of all those email address's in the database now!!

It will be interesting to watch though.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

I love fearnley whittingstall, he is the reason i became a chook keeper, since the chicken out campaign i wanted chickens, and discovered this website. So he has changed my life to some degree, and i have nothing but praise for him.

Looking forward to the new river cottage tonight.

At least he is doing something i hate tes*o, i have one on the corner of my street, its so expensive, and not very good either its an express store, if it wasn't for them we would have a local shop.
I do use it for some stuff though. Sorry

mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye