BBC 4: The Biggest Chinese Restaurant in the World

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

As most of you should have gathered by now I am a serviceperson, day in day out I have to watch reports on the box of yet another of son or daughter that will never come home again. I have been to the gulf, we had to cancel our wedding twice because of this war. The fate of an individual fish or duck therefore has very little impact on my daily life. For those of you who have been lucky enough to visit Africa I think that you will agree that to watch a child scrabbling amongst a rubbish tip to make enough cash for a meal is heart breaking; in comparison a fish being cooked to be eaten pales into insignificance although I would not choose to do this or eat the fish myself. Only my opinion you understand and I wouldn’t want to force it on to anyone else. xx
Bah Humbug
dennis
Learner Laner

Post by dennis »

So if we are going to get all upset about food that has been cooked whilst alive does that now mean I have to give up my crab, lobster,prawns,mussels etc and were does eating live oysters fall - is that accectable? Having said that I am against cruelty for the sake of it and before any vegans reply saying how to avoid all animal cruelty I remember a tv programme showing how lettuce could 'feel' it when they were cut.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Hi Dennis.
Welcome to the forum.
I think this thread has run it's course.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning