Weather - Are they telling us everything?

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
wendy

Post by wendy »

A little wet, me thinks
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

I am not making light of this but.. that hole in the ozone isnt half letting the draft in today... the weather forcasters got it right this morning blowing a right one. I expect when we get home there will be no electric again..
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I just can't remember it being so windy for so long as it has been for the last few years, plus the wind is in the wrong direction.
I blame it on the EU. We used to have gentle constant English drizzle, now we got monsoons and tornados. The wind is so strong here it is too dangerous to ride and not pleasant in the garden and my plastic greenhouse has split! I thought Summer was supposed to be pleasant, well it used to be.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

It's blowing a hoooley here. And we hadnt seen rain for ages , so it's welcome for the garden except for the wind :shock: The weather forcasts keep getting more general , less specific maybe because we depend on weather predictions to organise events and they dont want any come back if it's dreadfully wrong.
Bring on the seaweed I say. mine is in the back yard and it is either crinkley or soggy.....meaning its fine or raining!!!!!come back Michael Fish )c(
Looove chucks!
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Back at the riding school on friday night, I had 5 horses in to groom and tack up for lessons when the thunder struck. Myself and the fabulous five all jumped 2 foot off the ground as a very loud bang went off above us...eeeekk We werent expecting that :shock: good job they were tied securely. Seems ages since we had a thunderstorm too and that wasnt forcast either! )de:
Looove chucks!
wendy

Post by wendy »

It is blowing a gale here in Hertfordshire as well. It would be a lovely day, if it wasn't so windy.
Have managed to go out and do some things. But the old hair is blowing around like a helicopter
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Same here in kent, its lovely and sunny but the wind is so strong, chooks are blowing around the garden!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I was in Beckenham for Cricket today and the wind played havoc with my hair.

Up until yeaterday morning, they said it was going to rain all day - turned out sunny all day !

(We won)
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I had to work in the annual summer show on the base. Got sunburnt, wind burnt and discovered the beer tent where they were selling off pedigree bitter at 1p a pint (yes 1p). Spent about 15p. Today I’m red raw and have that churning belly feel that you can only get from drinking real ale. $cf$

back on topic.... it was really windy down here yesterday as well, annoyingly so if you had to be out in it.
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

STOP PRESS

Today down the Lane, it is exactly what they've been saying for 5 days - dry, hot, sunny with very little wind.

I've spent since 8am strimming some nettles down in the chicken run and generally tidying up.

About two hours to go then..........something else !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome