RSPCA rescue centre

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
saint-spoon

RSPCA rescue centre

Post by saint-spoon »

Popped into the local RSPCA arc yesterday on our travels. Found out that I have recently become incredibly allergic to cats, cooed over some baby ducks and was disgusted at the amount of pets that have been quite literally thrown away. I can understand that in some cases internment in these places is unavoidable; dogs may become too much for a family with young children (although a small amount of prior planning should have been used ) and that some elderly folk might drop off the plot leaving a well loved cat etc. I find it very difficult to justify the reasoning behind just throwing away a living creature because it no longer serves it’s purpose. Someone had even thrown away a chipmonk………………. Some folk are just scum.

)de:
Bah Humbug
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: RSPCA rescue centre

Post by Mo »

saint-spoon wrote:....dogs may become too much for a family with young children (although a small amount of prior planning should have been used ) ………………. :

hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I agree though, that it is sad when things don't work out for pets.

'More education' is the cliche answer, and responsible future owners will use the internet and forums. But being responsible is partly something that comes with age, and 'learning by past mistakes'
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...it makes me mad too!!!

We used to live near the Blue Cross in Burford, and took pet food and towels etc to them. Used to pop and extra couple of tins/box of food when i did the shopping, and give it to them at Christmas time.
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

i agree a teaching assistant in my daughter's class has a cat sanctuary, bless her and trains hearing dogs and she is single with 3 kids and a job, she's a blooming saint, I take her some food periodically, i love her stories, she tells me the sad little stories and it makes me want another cat, i have two that don't really get on so no more really.

Bless Jeanette,

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

It makes me so angry too, sadly some animals never get over it do they?
We got our springer spaniel from the dogs trust, she was only 8 months old, had a good family but they couldn't cope with her and lived in a flat, she was so well trained, they must of loved her, but how sad, being taken from a loving family and put into a kennel. Its brakes my heart when i think about it!

We were on the waiting list for months for a dog, and none were suitable for a family with young children or other pets, its so hard to re-home some of these animals. )de:
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
wendy

Post by wendy »

Spencer works for The Battersea Dogs & Cats Home. Do you would not believe why people throw away pets. One was because they had changed the decor and it no longer matched !!!
To some people, animals are just throw aways. We have some really expensive breeds in also, which must have cost the owner a small fortune
Wendy
Last edited by wendy on 09 Jun 2008, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

Wendy, are you serious?? People like that should be put down!!!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
wendy

Post by wendy »

Oh yes...
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

hat particular story was on the evening news a while back, unbelievable.
Bah Humbug