Climate change

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Mo
Legendary Laner

Climate change

Post by Mo »

I had an email which asked me to pass on the message, and the people here are concerned about the environment, so here goes.

"Have a look at this:
It just took me two minutes to email Chris Huhne urging him to sign up to international climate rules to help stop dangerous climate change.

If thousands of us flood Chris Huhne with emails, he’ll know there’s no question about what we expect of him. At the next Cabinet meeting, he’ll tell the other ministers: “if we don’t back these rules, there’ll be a public outcry”. He’ll be able to convince them to let him back the carbon rules.

Please e-mail Chris Huhne too, by clicking here– it only takes two minutes:"
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Re: Climate change

Post by jannie »

Done )t'
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

Make sure you sure you also send a copy to your own MP - then they can reinforce the argument by telling Chris Huhne that their constituents are worried and want action takien at the Durban meeting. Details of how to contact your MP can be found at http://www.parliament.uk/about/contacting/mp/
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

My 'puter blocks access to both links as a malicious website.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
gragarden61
Learner Laner

Post by gragarden61 »

Done !!!
Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kaeta44 »

My 'puter blocks access to both links as a malicious website.
Dom

This made me smile, because the "Contact your MP" website is Parliament's own website. On second thoughts - your computer could have a point!
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

)grin2( )t'
Pyrotech
Learner Laner

Post by Pyrotech »

Done, but with the rise in fuel bills in the UK, and the largest part being domestic heating. One has to ask , would a 2C rise in average temps not be beneficial to the UK population?

I am of course ignoring the suffering in other parts of the world, but taking it as a thought experiment.

This mild winter got me thinking, my gas usage is already greatly reduced from previous years, and my solar hot water system is still making quite a contribution to heating the water for washing and showing.