Anti-biotics

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Mo
Legendary Laner

Anti-biotics

Post by Mo »

A report says that routine use of antibiotics on animals which are not ill is continuing high, just to allow factory farming which keeps them in unhealthy conditions.
Everyone must know that this is a threat to human and animal health.
The Soil Association & Compassion IWF are campaigning on this. There is a "Take action" button to email the Danish head of the EU to express concern.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
wendy

Re: Anti-biotics

Post by wendy »

already done.
Thanks Mo
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Anti-biotics

Post by lancashire lass »

I caught a bit on Countryfile last night about the use of antibiotics on livestock as a "preventative" rather than as a cure, and everyone including the EU are "now" becoming concerned :? This is not something new - when I was studying microbiology as part of my course in the mid-1980s, the effects of antibiotic resistance in the human population from farming practices was already well known so why has it taken over 25 years to suddenly show concern? It's outrageous that nothing has been done about all these years. Death rates pre-antibiotic period were high - we take it for granted that a little infection can be easily treated. The very thought that bacteria which are displaying resistance to antibiotics is actually in the food chain is an absolute disaster - it's all very well telling everyone about cooking meat properly, but cases of food poisoning still happen whatever the reason, and if antibiotics to treat those patients are not going to work ... it's a dreadful thought.