Meat eaters. Would you?

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
manda

Re: Meat eaters. Would you?

Post by manda »

Babycakes wrote:
manda wrote:Which is why I think I'm lucky as I grow my own....as for "chicken nuggets" unless I make them myself I don't consider them part of any food group :?

My dad is trying to teach my youngest to say
"Chicken nuggets are not real food, bring me the grilled seabass please"

He has a way to go, she's only just mastered "mummy" LoL

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
saint-spoon

Re: Meat eaters. Would you?

Post by saint-spoon »

Totally Scrambled wrote:If it became the norm then it would mean there would be no need to raise food animals which would lead to a great reduction/extinction of many of the breeds. Balanced against that, fewer cows means less methane means less greenhouse gasses. Also potentially less forest clearence for animal grazing. It could be a benefit.
Dom

I do wonder about the whole green-house gas thing from domestic animals; on the one hand there is undoubtedly large quantities of methane being produced by them but on the other there are far fewer wild grazing animals roaming the world than there was a couple of hundred years ago and far less wild land that has not been turned over to farming. I am more worried about the wholesale destruction of the world’s forests (I believe that the USA is still the fastest de-forester in the world). As for the original question, I’d give it a go but again I would be sceptical about how much energy it takes to grow the meat compared to how much the meat provides. As a means to save the world from hunger I don’t think that it is going to work, I think that it is more driven by anti-meat-eating groups than from any desire to feed the poorest nations.
Bah Humbug