The Kindle - Devil's Advocate post

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: The Kindle - Devil's Advocate post

Post by Annie »

Mum has got stored on her Kindle probably 50+ books which she is talking of deleting, she gets fed up scrolling through to the latest book .
When is somebody going to come up with the know how for Kindle users to be able to recycle their books by passing them on to other Kindle users - a small fee to Amazon and a small charge to the person buying and the seller is smiling ?
Oh and I do agree Kindles are great for fiction or maybe technical stuff but a book is still a must for gardening,history the natural world etc etc
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

If I recall most book sold on copyright are licenced and it is not transfarable by sale.
i.e. you require permition to sell a book on.

Maybe I'm wrong. If not {warn} Charity Shops {warn}
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Orfy wrote:If I recall most book sold on copyright are licenced and it is not transfarable by sale.
i.e. you require permition to sell a book on.

Maybe I'm wrong. If not {warn} Charity Shops {warn}

As far as I understand it, if you have legitimately purchased a copyrighted item, book, CD, audio books, then you are allowed to sell on or give away the item. You are not allowed to make copies and sell them, just the origanal that you own.
Other digital media, computer software, e-books etc are, on the whole, sold with a licence aggreement limiting the purchaser to personal use and prohibits them from copying, reselling it or transferring the "programme" to a computer other than their own and in the case of the latter this is usually strictly defined.
Thus, second hand book stores, charity shops, jumble sales etc are legally allowed to re-sell such items.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I've seen on some books a statement that it must not be sold except in it's original binding. Maybe that was to stop shops claiming that the book hadn't sold and handing back the cover to get a refund.I think there is or was some such scheme.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire