Redoak's off-grid life.

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Redoak's off-grid life.

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Thanks Marc )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Hi, Redoak. Have you been busy lately? Love to hear what's going on in your life with the building, vegetables, flowers, etc. Update when you can.
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi Marc

I have just read all your posts ,well done and I love all the pictures they are excellent. I bet its a really hard life marc bless you. But looking at all your hard work must make you feel very proud. Keep up with the posts brilliant read.

regards

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
redoak
Legendary Laner

Post by redoak »

Thanks people, it's really nice to see your interest :-D

Yes, I've been busy, also had a bit of a hiccup in that I was doing a day's work up the road and had a little accident. Quite a deep cut on my head and a lovely black eye. Had to wait more than 4 hours in A&E and then they took nearly another hour to get me stitched-up. Hopefully on the mend now, stitches out in a day or two.

Just managed to do a boot sale on Sunday. The closest one to me was cancelled due to wet ground but another about 10 miles away was open. Field was a bit muddy in places but still very busy and I had a good morning. Sold mainly the same sort of plants as at the last one. I had upped the prices a little in some areas and still almost sold out, so takings were a bit more than the previous one. Also bought a few useful items. Altogether a good day out )grin2(

Here's a couple more photos of the barn during construction.

One of the interior, the part built so far is divided into two rooms and this is one,

Lastly, one taken a little later, on 5th Feb this year.

Ok, it sounds as though it's stopped raining for a bit now, so I should go and do some work.

Have a good day everybody,

Marc
Last edited by redoak on 15 May 2012, 10:13, edited 2 times in total.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Looking very good, Redoak. And glad you're healing up! What the heck happened to you?!? You didn't post a picture of your black eye and stitches! Ha.

Sounds like your boot sale did well. I'll be glad to hear that you are earning the money you need as the summer goes on. Good luck to you.

Also looking forward to seeing your building grow larger as you continue working on it. You're a very enterprising young man.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

Glad you have posted again - I really look forward to each installment. But sorry to hear of your accident - you must be careful! Cant have you knocking yourself off while living the dream now can we!

That barn is looking really good )t' I'm well impressed! Love the snow too :-D

Glad the boot sale went well; do you check the plant prices elsewhere? Sounds like you could be selling at the higher rate all the time - people clearly think they are a bargain.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Nice to see you back :-D I agree with Ruth - it sounds like you could stick with the higher prices, or maybe even push them up a little more. I hope your stitches come out without any trouble & don't leave too much of a scar.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Good to read your latest installment Marc, and to see the photos of your barn. Hope your injury heals quickly.

All the best.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hi Marc, great to read your new post, they are so interesting, sorry to hear about your head, take care and hope it heals ok. The barn looks brill: and very sturdy, a real piece of craftmanship. I hope your car boot sales continue to be successful. Do you ever come west sussex side t car boot.
Keep the posts coming Marc, think I can say we are really enjoying them. )t'
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Marc im glad you had a good car boot you deserve a good return for all youre hard work and thats a good solid looking barn.Im really enjoying reading about you and youre life and work )t' Linda
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope there's no lasting damage. It must've been frustrating at times recently with the weather being as it has been. The barn looks amazing and well done with the car boot sale, that sounds like a good little earner. )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Hi Marc, again another very interesting update, agree with everyone else that the barn looks amazing. Also sounds as though your prices are still finding their level and may it continue. Thanks again for sharing with us.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Sorry you cracked your nut Marc - hopes it's healing ok - the barn looks so professional - in fact it looks better than a professional )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Hi Marc, this contunues to be a great thread, I will be checking it out regurlarly for your updates )t'
Julie x
redoak
Legendary Laner

Post by redoak »

I was hoping to do another boot sale this morning. The weather forecast had been for rain but then they seemed to change their minds to just the possibility of a shower, so I loaded the car.
You've guessed it, when the alarm went off it was tipping down. Still drizzling now and not looking worth going so I'm having a quick session on here before starting work.

As I said before, I grow a few flowers for cutting to sell in bunches.

Here's some photos of my sweet peas from last year.

I haven't been able to get any planted yet this year (although the plants are ready) due to the weather. I was doing some hand digging yesterday as it's far too wet to rotovate. Even with the fork it was pretty sticky. Things are going to be quite late this year but I'm doing all I can so that's just the way it'll have to be.

Thanks for your interest and comments {hug}

Marc