No rain forecash washing like crazy

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

No rain forecash washing like crazy

Post by mellonia »

Hi

I do love to dry my washing via the washing line, and with the wind outside, it has been so hard not put my washer on whilst its been constantly raining for 3 weeks. Today it is not forecast rain, so I am washing like crazy, it looks fab blowing away. Loads of my neighbours never peg washing out even in the summer, I find it so strange. I hate bringing it in though as it has to go somewhere. I love to see it all out on the line.

mellonia

simple things
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
gromit
Lively Laner

Re: No rain forecash washing like crazy

Post by gromit »

not far from us then! white wash out today and dry despite a quick sprinkle at lunch time. Don't know about you but here on the coast it's dry but it's fluddy breezin!
How did I ever find the time to go to work
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

7 loads of washing done and dried outside. Lovely sunshine all day
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

I too like to get my washing dried outside. I so love the smell of washing that has dried naturally on the line.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
tortzblue
Lively Laner

Post by tortzblue »

You lucky lot - it's been miserable drizzle all day here down south and more to come I think. My wash baskets are overflowing - When will this rain end! }hairout{
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I washed 36 towels today and hung them on two flights of bannisters !!

:-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Its been raining here all day and pretty much all week with just a few exceptions.

Are banisters the new washing lines Richard? {rofwl}
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Yeap, my hanging of towels, loved by Sky TV, on the boundary fence has been banned.
It is not in context with our super modern re-development.

It was very frugal and I saved the Club £'s on the Tumble Dryer.

Richard :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

None today its awful raining heavily. Hey gromit living on the holderness coast are you near rise hall where sarah beany has a house, I watched restoration nightmare, and was fascinated by the hall. We were going to drive round there while all the leaves were off the trees to see if we could see it from the road.

Richard very impressed with the 36 towels, nice one.

mellonia
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I've broken out the tumble drier today }hairout{ It's the first time I've used it this year though.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi Littlebrownfrog

I think we can let you off with the tumble drier due to adverse weather conditions, its funny I was still putting stuff on the line in december, and jan, I suppose its payback now as it shouldn't have been so mild over winter.

I am still not sure why a lot of my neighbours don't hang washing out, nextdoor has five people there. Never any washing out at all very occasionally. Same age as me. Is it old fashioned I don't know. It saves cash and saves the planet harnessing wind power.

Mellonia
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I don't know. I find it odd that people don't hang washing out. Mine goes out first thing in the morning if it's not raining, even if I think it might rain later. Mostly it gets dry. Usually if I think it's going to rain, I'll bring in things that would suffer from a drenching. I want to get rid of the tumble drier really.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
manda

Post by manda »

I only dry washing on the Line or an airer when the wood burner is on..I must admit I don't like winter for that ..because there just seems to be an airer hanging around all the time.

We do have a tumble drier but in truth I couldn't tell you when it was last used...the power bills jump HUGELY so it never gets switched on....in fact hubby was saying a while ago we should sell it..but we don't because... "just in case".
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

I think if you have a tumble drier its sensible to keep it, like you say just in case, I have had my drier 19 years, so wouldnt be able to sell as in the garage and its all beaten up, still works though, it has been flooded too, water went just below the drum, I didn't think it would work , but dried out and did. Sometimes use for towels that have been on the line and fluff them up for 10 mins.

When will the rain end, has it filled the rivers up yet , and put back all the moisture into the soil. Has it made up for the drought yet.

mellonia
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

LittleBrownFrog wrote: I find it odd that people don't hang washing out. Mine goes out first thing in the morning if it's not raining, even if I think it might rain later. Mostly it gets dry. Usually if I think it's going to rain

I wouldn't dare leave washing out when I'm not here. With the high winds we get here the cows will be sporting my knickers on their horns.