no more shampoo

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
mortgagefreeme
Learner Laner

Re: no more shampoo

Post by mortgagefreeme »

I have enjoyed reading this thread, very interesting. I have wanted to try this method as I've heard good things. I have naturally frizzy hair and have recently discovered its the sulphates in the shampoo. I don't hair straighten anymore so have been experimenting with ways to keep the frizz down. Conditioner only worked a treat for me but after a few weeks I noticed an increase in shedding (so not for people prone to hair loss). Apparently it loosens the hair shaft. I found a great sulphate free shampoo in the Bodyshop (Rainforest) which was fantastic but expensive. I tried diluting sulphate shampoo which works a bit. I'm now on son of morris savers baby shampoo (11p) I still get a tiny bit of frizz but massively reduced.

Another great find is a generic brand of dry shampoo from H"bargains (74p). I usually use Batiste on my fringe but have turned to this cheap version which is better because it has such a fine spray )t'

I'm thinking this summer might be a great time to try this no shampoo business :-D
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: no more shampoo

Post by ChrisG »

I too have naturally curly hair with frizzy tendencies (when I was small I used to get teased mercilessly because my hair grew outwards instead of downwards!); it is also very very dry, especially at the ends. So I was worried that going shampooless might make things worse. To my surprise it hasnt and I'm loving the new regime.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best