Vegetarian dogs

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
lorraine
Lively Laner

Post by lorraine »

Life would not be the same without dogs!!! I feed all mine on raw meat and veg and have really seen the difference since doing so.
Beautiful picture Wendy, I've also a weakness for GSD's )t'
Lorraine
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I’m pretty certain that the eighties artist Howard Jones had a dog that he made into a vegetarian although I’m not sure how well it did. There’s a sort of clue in the dental structure and lack of grinding molars that they really shouldn’t be eating grass as a main stay of their diets; it would follow that they really should be eating an animal flesh based diet. I really doubt that one more dog will make any difference in the global fight against food shortages after all our demand for energy has already condemned many into starvation as their fields are ploughed for bio-fuels. If you are really that worried about the food issue you can buy products such as tripe and ox-cheek which although perfectly good for human consumption (I will never attempt to eat tripe ever again by the way- it’s totally minging) but seem to be distained for choicer cuts thus often go for pet food.
Taking in a stray from a sanctuary will also will give a life to an animal that could quite possibly otherwise be destroyed. A bit like taking ain ex batts but totally different.
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

Mine love tripe. When I ran my dog food delivery. I had 1000 lb delivered every 10 days. But foot and mouth ended that venture after 20 odd years.
Wendy
Last edited by wendy on 11 Sep 2008, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Oooh, Wendy, those words (F&M) strike terror in me. Always think of DEFRA when those words are mentioned :? Sorry (personal opinion), those people have a lot to answer for!!
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

Adding to the rest that that is a lovely picture Wendy.
Our house looks like a playgroup with toys all over the place and I haven't trained Freddie how put them back in his basket! Dogs are a must, they are better for you than organic food!
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Lovely picture Wendy, my dad stood looking at my garden the other day tutting, he said it looked "trashed" he couldn't decide between a small petting zoo or a playschool playground. At the time i had 5 kids playing out there.
Agree with other comments, wouldn't advise a veg diet for dogs, and re-homing is the best way - everyone is happy!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
charlwood1005
Lively Laner

Post by charlwood1005 »

My dog eats 1 third of her food vegetables as recomended by our vet. She is fit and healthy and well muscled. If you are thinking of getting a dog why not try a bit of a hybid diet. Mine have a quality kibble, rice, pasta, meat, fish loads of veg and eggs. (not all on same day!) We get free bones for teeth cleaning from our butcher, some times I boil the bones and make them porridge with the stock, we always get a nice clean bowl.